the 4th of July - whatcha all doin.....

53 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

We will be in a boat on chautauqua most of the day, and watching the fireworks from the boat at mayville.

Ever hit the Ashville General store for subs/sammiches ?  The  Sodfather turned me on to that place   Great menu and food

Nice night  TF .

I wouldn’t go in that crowd for free drinks and food all night , but that’s me . I like people , just not around me ....

Red Wings game was sold out tonight , we got in an outfield suite, that they opened up for overflow ,had it pretty much to  ourselves . Decent fireworks after .

Parked at Truck Tens quarters , good thing I took truck had to hop curb, drive down sidewalk squeeze into last spot , normal city driving .

• Like 2

Camp today - local fireworks tonight over the LI Sound - off tomorrow to Hingham, MA to see the outlaws and hit some MA beaches and maybe fall into buckets of some fried clam strips.
Enjoy the freedom to do whatever you want!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Have to put tomato  cages on  the plants this morning . This afternoon  I will tying up some steelhead patterns for this fall ... hiding out in the basement away from the humidity. Grilling some venison  steaks for me and the mrs. for dinner going to drink a couple beers. Avoiding people and crowds. Just relaxing . 

• Like 3

Camp today - local fireworks tonight over the LI Sound - off tomorrow to Hingham, MA to see the outlaws and hit some MA beaches and maybe fall into buckets of some fried clam strips.
Enjoy the freedom to do whatever you want!!!

I have family in Hingham, hit the Scarlet Oak for lunch
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ever hit the Ashville General store for subs/sammiches ?  The  Sodfather turned me on to that place   Great menu and food

I may have had a sub from there in the past. Now that we are at the top of the lake we eat from around here. We go to the vikings club alot, occasionally we go all the way down to lakewood to the gun gun club for dinner.

• Like 1

“Up the rebels!”

As a stranger in a strange land I always feel a little on the sidelines on July 4, but I’ll be doing the usual of food, drink and fireworks. 

Thought you guys would enjoy this. In 1973, the Canadian broadcaster, Gordon Sinclair, read an editorial called, “The Americans”. It ricocheted across the US and was embraced by all Americans from the president to the guy in the street. 

And of course ...

I'll had to mow a couple clients lawns this morning. There having parties this afternoon, and needed them done before hand. 

After that going to the store to get supplies for my pig roast on Saturday. 

Tomorrow will be spent getting everything set up.

I’ll be fishing off of Montauk Point this evening for Striped Bass. Some big fish have moved in. Time will tell how long they stick around. 
Tight lines. I saw a few boats bring in some cows yesterday. I might hit tomorrow night.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7a77d9289bf62415424c81abb6fcb7a4.jpg&key=e823f4feed7ae199f084fc253ea37558eaa46be3a379c09a85d19ff68d1a1dcb
Ran into Sodfather and Arcade hunter. Officially a gtg no ?!

Three members is a GTG.
Two members is a GTG of they live over 349 miles apart. Or if each member is over 349 miles from home. Like when Biz and I had a beer in Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Tight lines. I saw a few boats bring in some cows yesterday. I might hit tomorrow night.

Not a great pic, but an awesome night. It took a while to find them, but it was jackpot when we did! My friends 15 yo son caught and released his personal best! The bite was fast and furious with some drifts producing 3-4 fish. All fish were released. 

730A5044-3EFE-46AF-B985-84B6A9B07951.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

7a77d9289bf62415424c81abb6fcb7a4.jpg
Ran into Sodfather and Arcade hunter. Officially a gtg no ?!

What a great night!  I got there about 6:30 before the crown showed up and got a few drinks and secured some seats up front for Flipside... My GF showed up a little later and we had an awesome time.  It was great to see TF and Sodfather as we were headed over to the Moose to meet up with more people for the fireworks!

Not a great pic, but an awesome night. It took a while to find them, but it was jackpot when we did! My friends 15 yo son caught and released his personal best! The bite was fast and furious with some drifts producing 3-4 fish. All fish were released. 
730A5044-3EFE-46AF-B985-84B6A9B07951.thumb.jpeg.88212975d49c1a04764d3089a52f732d.jpeg
Nice fish. Drifting eels?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

Nice fish. Drifting eels?

Yes sir. Even though we put together a nice catch, it is really sad how bad the fishery has become. Every year there seems to be less fish around and the window to catch them just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Hopefully they stick around for a while, unlike last year. I’m not holding my breath. 

18 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

At the famous Lancaster Parade enjoying a Singlecut!099c368650e562db8dea07e62edb8699.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I think I asked you this last year but where do you sit? 

I kept my eye open for you as we walked in and out but its hard to find people in that mass.