Would you hunt this If it was legal

Hunter007

Reminds me of story....Some of you oldtimers on here might remember it, because I think I told it before, but it has been a few years..

An old woodsman in Northern Oregon was arrested for shooting a spotted owl... The arresting officer asked him why he shot it..

He replied  " Because I was hungry, and it was in the middle of the winter and I had no meat..I ate it"

THe officer considered the fact that the old man was living a subsitence lifestyle,  and decided to let him off with just a warning..

Before he left, the officer asked the old guy  " What does spotted owl taste like ??"

The old guy replied.... " I would rate it somewhere between bald eagle and whooping crane..."......

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Kind of like a muskox hunt....The only hard parts are GETTING THERE.....putting up with the  SUB ZERO WEATHER....and paying many THOUSANDS of dollars to do it..Not to mention spending  a few nights in an igloo with Inuits who haven't had a bath in six months...Basically you just drive your snow machine or dogsled up to the critters and shoot them when they form a defensive circle.....I have read that they are VERY tasty, however....

30 minutes ago, grampy said:

No......I'd rather hunt gators in Florida.

And who in their right mind would make a post about hunting freakin manatee's????...:mda:

Someone who has seen them while   down there .

What's with the hostility  ?

People hunt all shorts  of things . 

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’d hunt one of legal and if you can tell buck or doe or Tom or female. Do they have tusks or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell even for a biologist but males are smaller  9 feet  1800ib females get up to 13 feet 3500 ib  females will have Cavs near them .