Where do you put your pins?

Rev Ev

10, 20, and 30....but i don't use the 10 yrd pin as it it pretty much the same as the 20.......I just like to have more pins on the bow cause it makes it look "more bad ass".....and i couldn't handle 5 cause i would get confused...3 doesn't confuse me though.

When I shot NFAA with a 5 pin sight I would go from 20 yards,30,40,50, and 60.

But for hunting I just use 3 pins and they are setup 25,35, and 45...

If I was going to use 4 pins I guess I would go 20,30,40, and 50....

my biggest problem with 5 oins is these new bow the pins are to close together

and my older eyes they tend to blur together in early light and last light or in direct sunlight.

I have on several of my bows gone to cheap single pin FO slider sight. I preset at 25 yards and it has been years since I had to change the setting when hunting in NY woods. Just to much brush to get them real long shots and also I now hunt out of ground natural blinds. If you hunt tree stand you may get better or longer shots...

Do yourself a favor drop 2 pins, the reality is if you are asking this you should only be shooting 20-25 yards max but regardless with todays bows you should have no need for a 10 yard pin and you probably have no busineess shooting 50+ at anything so set your pins for 20, 30, and 40. Practice at 30 and that will make you very comfortable shooting 20. I have been bow hunting 20+ years and the percentage of 30+ yard shots I would have had a good oppertunity at taking are low, most bow encounters, if stands are placed correctly, will put deer in a 15-25 yards range. Good luck bud.

20, 30, and 40.

I've got a couple 5 pin setups and I think the balance for me is three pins and possibly four based on the speed of the bow and the distance between the pins. 5 has shown to be too busy for me....so I usually rely on 3 now.