Drinking

Dom

Just had argument with a guy i know he just got done making his first batch and said he going to take it with him sat hunting and i told him he cant drink it in the woods he says why not it is not agood idea its against tha law he said that i was crazy and that he is bringing any way i told him if he braught i would report what should i do it is only bow season but this cannot be good????

I'm not certain of this but tho.k I remember it from the old forum. I believe its legal to have with you but you cant be above the legal limit to drive.....guys please chime in here as well.

Either way its not a good idea....I would stay far away from him.

It's not illegal but it sure is stupid . I don't drink so I shouldn't criticize but ........... if the person drinks "after" the hunt , it would be okay but to drink while hunting is an accident waiting to happen . Just an opinion !

and a good opinion that is Eddie.

• Like 1

i'm from an old Italian hunting family, we have hunted for decades, im talking from the ole boot right to upstate NY, and we almost always meet up in the mountains for lunch, which includes suprasada, provolone, red roasted peppers and yes a little wine.

no one has ever shot anyone or for that matter ever missed a deer because they were drunk. may be hard to believe but not everyone turns into a total jackass after a drink, yes there are alot of responsible drinkers out there. if you are doubtfull of how you will react after having a drink or cant stop after one then you are far better off not drinking because you more than likely a jackass drunk or sober.

• Like 1

Having a drink or two is one thing, getting plastered is another. Would I drink in the woods? Probably not, but I dont mind if others have one or two, as long as they arent drunk, I dont see the problem.

The biggest problem I see in this thread is Dom's lack of any type of writing skills at all. Sheesh, its a big run on sentence. :D

To me its like driving and the car is the woods. It's illegal to drink while driving in a car so it should be in the woods.....i mean you have a weapon that can kill. That shit should wait until after the hunt........

I agree. I don't want to hunt anywhere near someone that is drinking in the woods. I mean, what's the point, just wait until the hunt is over geesh.

Just had argument with a guy i know he just got done making his first batch and said he going to take it with him sat hunting and i told him he cant drink it in the woods he says why not it is not agood idea its against tha law he said that i was crazy and that he is bringing any way i told him if he braught i would report what should i do it is only bow season but this cannot be good????

So, what's he making?

I'm guessing he won't use a safety belt either? Rusty dull broadheads? Probably hasn't practiced yet this year?

I'll bet he has a Scent Lok suit and a Butt Out Tool.

Well I'm not one for drinking while hunting for the obvious reasons. 1. it alters your motor skills (hand to eye ) for accurately shooting. 2. You might get too cozy and fall asleep. 3. The scent of alcohol alone with deter any trophy worthy buck of coming near your stand.

Now after the hunt when you have the B&C buck hung up to skin, butch and of course show off well... That's another story ;)

Having a drink or two is one thing, getting plastered is another. Would I drink in the woods? Probably not, but I dont mind if others have one or two, as long as they arent drunk, I dont see the problem.

The biggest problem I see in this thread is Dom's lack of any type of writing skills at all. Sheesh, its a big run on sentence. :D

yea a comma or 2 certainly wouldnt hurt..

I don't see just a couple is OK in the woods when your holding a gun. I know it happens and yes there are responsible drinkers out there but not when you have a loaded weapon. Responsible drinkers don't drink and drive, they wait a couple of hours until the alcohol is out of your system, can't do that while hunting can you?

No, responsible drinkers know their limits. I tell you one thing, if I have more than 2 drinks, I know I would need far more than a couple of hours to be back to the point where I could drive. Most people that wait a couple of hours so they "sober up" are still drunk when they get behind the wheel, and not what I would call responsible drinkers.

A good rule of thumb for the AVERAGE person is one hour for every drink. (to drive).

Alcohol and firearms do not mix, never thought of bow. Although I would not have a problem hunting with someone who had two glasses of wine with a big lunch, if that is what they normally do.

Me, I like to have a coulpe after the hunt. I would be sleeping in the stand if I had one at lunch...

Bunch of guys went to the Legion for "lunch" after hunting in the morning...came back to do another drive and a buck ran between two of the "responsible drinkers"....ones now dead

No.... if you can not wait until after the hunt is over for the day...just like going to work...you may have a problem there......guns and booze don't mix.... no matter how you spin it.... IMO

Edited by growalot

Bunch of guys went to the Legion for "lunch" after hunting in the morning...came back to do another drive and a buck ran between two of the "responsible drinkers"....ones now dead

No.... if you can not wait until after the hunt is over for the day...just like going to work...you may have a problem there......alcohol and booze don't mix no matter how you spin it IMO

I think alcohol and booze mix just fine...lol. Seriously though. i have been around guys that have a beer with lunch. Never saw any difference in them. I wouldn't tolerate a hunter that was really drinking though. I just can't see mixing firearms and booze.

Its not about being someones mother, its about protecting ourselves and others, do you know how much fuel it would give to them anti-gun groups if someone shot someone else hunting while drunk? Its about being responsible. I personally haven't touched a drop in almost 10 years. I can see having 1 at lunch or what have you, but if I have to help the guy get into his stand cause he had a few too many then that is a liitle much. Bottom line, we all need to act responsible and look out for 1 another