Tred Barta

fasteddie

A lot of folks don't like Tred Barta but he is fun to watch . Tred was set up in a brush ground blind as he is in a wheel chair . He had two misses at on a 4 point 35 yards with his Long Bow and they showed it all . The next day he was back out there and the same buck showed up . He got that same buck the 2nd day .

Can't stand him. He's from my area. If half of what I've heard about him is true then he's an idiot. Never forget the time I saw his show when he was shooting at running caribou at 80 yards with his bow. Imagine what he does when the camera is not on. Rich and arrogant.

deer city usa consists of 25 mins of ads and 5 mins hunting...screw that. I do like buck commander though.

Who's the professional hunter who's in jail for animal cruelty or stuff along those lines? I guess he was playing puppets with animals he killed plus other things I'm not sure? I could only think of tred barta being a prime suspect for those allegations haha

I'm sure Tred is rich and arrogant but I do like his show. It was a real shocker when he had his accident. I used to watch him before it happened. I agree with you Virgil, he relates more to us... average hunters.

I emailed him and offered my help but got no reply. I was'nt surprised. I figure he has all the help he can buy :O

You know, that arrogant attitude is more than likely just an act for TV. Kind of like Rush Limbaugh who made a fortune making people mad at him because of his radio persona. Frankly I never took that arrogance thing very seriously, and always enjoyed Tred's program. Also, I try not to hate someone because they are rich.

Actually, while his hunting is not my adopted style of bowhunting, I always thought that his hunting "the hard way" really epitomizes what bowhunting is all about. It's the challenges that make it worth doing, and I guess those that insist in a very public way that that is the proper way to bowhunt, and actually keep at it until they are successful, usually aren't very popular with those that can't or won't take on those challenges. yeah he gets a little over-excited at times, but I won't fault the guy for that. That infectious enthusiasm was one of the things that made his show so much better than all the others. There was always a certain honesty to it all and I never saw any evidence that mistakes and errors wound up on the cutting room floor. You saw it all ...... warts and all. That made it one of the few hunting programs that had credibility and didn't look polished, sanitized and all cleaned up to make the hunter-hero appear to be perfect.

Well, now life has thrown an even bigger challenge his way, and it appears he is up to that challenge too. I doubt I could handle it as well as he apparently has.

well said Doc...

I could not agree more. The fact that he didn't cut out his misses or blunders made his show better than most others. It's a shame that most of the other hunting shows spend 20 minutes out of the 30 on commercials and endorsements rather than informing and exciting footage. I always watched his shows! I had my DVR set to record all his shows. I was amazed one day after noticing alot of reruns that he was in a wheelchair. I am a very active guy.... and I happen to have one leg. I do it "the hard way... the Barta way" every time I strap my climber and backpack on with my bow in hand and head out to trek a mile into the woods at 4am. I can really sympathize with his situation.

Good luck all

I am a very active guy.... and I happen to have one leg. I do it "the hard way... the Barta way" every time I strap my climber and backpack on with my bow in hand and head out to trek a mile into the woods at 4am. I can really sympathize with his situation.

Good luck all

Wow, good for you man. The next time I'm humping through the woods at 4am I am sure you will come to mind.

I'm sure Tred is rich and arrogant but I do like his show. It was a real shocker when he had his accident. I used to watch him before it happened. I agree with you Virgil, he relates more to us... average hunters.

I emailed him and offered my help but got no reply. I was'nt surprised. I figure he has all the help he can buy :O

I can assure you that Ted is not arrogant at all.. although i guess you might consider him rich for he has done well for himself... he is every bit as pleasant in person as he is on TV... and actually a hell of a guy... he is currently having a tough time with his illness so that may be why he didn't reply.

I don't know how rich he is but I heard they had a fund raiser for his medical bills. Must not be that rich.

I can assure you that Ted is not arrogant at all.. although i guess you might consider him rich for he has done well for himself... he is every bit as pleasant in person as he is on TV... and actually a hell of a guy... he is currently having a tough time with his illness so that may be why he didn't reply.

I have great admiration for Tred and continue to root for him. Joe he is like you he does it his way.