Hunting NY Regional Showdown

Chef

5 hours ago, cdbing said:

I don't see it as a contest. It will not change a thing about the way I hunt or what I shoot. I speak for myself only, but think most will do the same.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've killed.more deer with vehicles than most hunters I know,  I tagged out 7 deer many years in a row in my 33 years of hunting. Any thing more than a congrats seems to lead to resentment . Pitting a region vs region will inflate some ego.. i hunt because i enjoy eating it. Killing is anticlimactic.  I enjoy my trail cameras more than hunting though I like seeing other take game , its automatic at this point, only difference is how big or how many for myself , 1st ibex us sausage , second is bacon and 3rd is cuts and ground.

• Like 2

Hey, [mention=762]Chef[/mention], I can bring you to a spot where you are all but guaranteed to kill all the doe you want, and twice that come January shotgun. Make sure to get a DMP for 1C. Too bad they won’t count tho lol. PM me

Thanks man !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, G-Man said:

Not into contests, but I like the limit set. If doe tags  were included or.extended seasons would be lopsided.  Best of.luck to all that signed up.

The last time I was in a buck contest was 1986. I won that contest, against some very good local, older hunters, who I respected a lot, when I was 29. But somehow in my own mind, it diminished the buck that I killed that year. And I never got in another "contest" again. And never will.

I don't see this as a "contest" at all. Though I guess some may see it that way. I just see it as something fun, to follow along during the season. With some fellow hunters all across the state. It will in absolutely no way change how I hunt, or what I choose to shoot. And I'll cheer for every other hunter, regardless of what team they are on! Or even if they choose to not take part. I do that anyways. Every deer is it's own trophy.

Best of luck to all this season!

• Like 8

@grampy I agree its not serious at all.  It is, what it is.  

I truly find it exciting to follow along, to see what deer are taken in NY, especially nearby to where you frequent/or hunt.  It’s exciting to see what’s actually out there...

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 6

I agree that it will be fun to see this progress. Truth is, I could care less about any contest. I was just breaking Chef’s .....

@Chef I am serious about taking you to a spot. I asked @Biz-R-OWorld and @cynthiafu last season, but they couldn’t make it. 

I would take most anybody. Who knows, I may even get an invite one day.

The way I see it, If I take you to a spot and show you how to tie the knot, what bait to use, how to deploy it and you catch a few, its almost as much fun for me as if I caught them. 

We should have a 1C G2G so we can meet each other...hmmm...new thread?

Edited by squirrelwhisperer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I agree that it will be fun to see this progress. Truth is, I could care less about any contest. I was just breaking Chef’s .....

@Chef I am serious about taking you to a spot. I asked @Biz-R-OWorld and @cynthiafu last season, but they couldn’t make it. 

I would take most anybody. Who knows, I may even get an invite one day.

The way I see it, If I take you to a spot and show you how to tie the knot, what bait to use, how to deploy it and you catch a few, its almost as much fun for me as if I caught them. 

We should have a 1C G2G so we can meet each other...hmmm...new thread?

Set it up! Ill be in

The last time I was in a buck contest was 1986. I won that contest, against some very good local, older hunters, who I respected a lot, when I was 29. But somehow in my own mind, it diminished the buck that I killed that year. And I never got in another "contest" again. And never will.
I don't see this as a "contest" at all. Though I guess some may see it that way. I just see it as something fun, to follow along during the season. With some fellow hunters all across the state. It will in absolutely no way change how I hunt, or what I choose to shoot. And I'll cheer for every other hunter, regardless of what team they are on! Or even if they choose to not take part. I do that anyways. Every deer is it's own trophy.
Best of luck to all this season!

Couldn’t agree more with your statement.. oh and FYI I was Born in 86

• Haha 1

I've killed.more deer with vehicles than most hunters I know,  I tagged out 7 deer many years in a row in my 33 years of hunting. Any thing more than a congrats seems to lead to resentment . Pitting a region vs region will inflate some ego.. i hunt because i enjoy eating it. Killing is anticlimactic.  I enjoy my trail cameras more than hunting though I like seeing other take game , its automatic at this point, only difference is how big or how many for myself , 1st ibex us sausage , second is bacon and 3rd is cuts and ground.

“Pitting a region against a region” ...... Come on, man-all for fun!!! I absolutely respect all you do for your properties and respect many more hunters out there and cheer for them.
But to quote Sargent Hulka, “Lighten up Francis”
I sure do hope Robhuntandfish is on my team because he gets all my good ju-ju this season

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

“Pitting a region against a region” ...... Come on, man-all for fun!!! I absolutely respect all you do for your properties and respect many more hunters out there and cheer for them.
But to quote Sargent Hulka, “Lighten up Francis”
I sure do hope Robhuntandfish is on my team because he gets all my good ju-ju this season

12 minutes ago, Otto said:

Sorry Crap, RHAF is on my team, TEAM 3!!

need some hard JuJu for sure !   thanks !  yeah I live 1 mile from the border of region 6,7 so def team 3.  Otto we are going to need to shoot 30 pointers to keep up with the other regions - only 4-5 of us.  

And yes def only for fun.  Just something to follow during the season.  I will have you know that 6 years ago i won a buck contest (for the smallestbuck).  So be warned i am not new to winning these sort of things!  lol 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...