LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes, that’s awesome. But there’s xbow haters on this site, so I had to give it to Arcade. But you are still ahead of all compound treestand kills. I haven’t checked the power rankings in a while but you are right up there in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 hours ago, 518BowSlayer said:

If killing a buck from the ground with no blind is the criteria for buck of the year then I'd like to nominate my 9 point this year. Granted mine was crossbow and I had every intention of sitting in a treestand that morning. Like an idiot, I forgot my quiver at home and had to drive back to get it and saw him on the way to my stand. Slowly stalked him for almost an hour then double lunged him at 30 yards. Perfect mix of skill and literally DUMB luck! Full story in the crossbow harvest thread

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I mean do you not agree that having to draw while uncovered and on the ground is substantially more difficult? 

2 hours ago, Splitear said:

Yeah, looking like some kind of Domestic Chinese Goose.

https://livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/chinese

I would guess its either the domestic Chinese goose you posted or a Domestic Swan Goose I found on the site Taco posted .

Could be either one . But both choices say " Domestic " Its got to be some ones pet  LOL

https://www.birds-of-north-america.net/Domestic_Swan_Goose.html

59 minutes ago, johnplav said:

That hand will warm right up as soon as you start field dressing! 

Well that was yesterday actually. I’m home today’s hunt went fubar . “ can you cut the dogs nails before you go ? “

Well they were long and the quick grew out with it , I’ve got blood plenty of times always an easy stop , this one was pouring out . I put him outside in the snow for 15 minutes nada.

Packed it with styptic , nothing , wrapped in gauze taped it up ,bleeding through a little  . He’s fine but the Mrs is not good at all in the smallest of emergency . 

She said aren’t you going , “ lol it’s to late ,and you’ll just text me about it still bleeding .”

I have quikclot and Combat gauze for packing bullet wounds , next step I’ll use that .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well that was yesterday actually. I’m home today’s hunt went fubar . “ can you cut the dogs nails before you go ? “

Well they were long and the quick grew out with it , I’ve got blood plenty of times always an easy stop , this one was pouring out . I put him outside in the snow for 15 minutes nada.

Packed it with styptic , nothing , wrapped in gauze taped it up ,bleeding through a little  . He’s fine but the Mrs is not good at all in the smallest of emergency . 

She said aren’t you going , “ lol it’s to late ,and you’ll just text me about it still bleeding .”

I have quikclot and Combat gauze for packing bullet wounds , next step I’ll use that .

Sounds fun... I'm at work, wanna trade?

Good luck if you get out this weekend!

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I mean do you not agree that having to draw while uncovered and on the ground is substantially more difficult? 

Yes. We've gone through the power rankings several times:

1. Bow on Ground
  2. Xbow on Ground
  3. Bow in Tree
  4. Xbow in Tree
  5. Gun on ground
  6. Gun in tree

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes. We've gone through the power rankings several times:

1. Bow on Ground
  2. Xbow on Ground
  3. Bow in Tree
  4. Xbow in Tree
  5. Gun on ground
  6. Gun in tree

Biz try killing something with a trad or even harder selfbow.   Trust me it will blow up your ranking system.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnplav said:

Sounds fun... I'm at work, wanna trade?

Good luck if you get out this weekend!

Actually yes ! 
this weekend doesn’t look good for me maybe Sunday afternoon . Yesterday was to be ,y last hunt anyways , but it was so good ,I added today .

She just let him in, “ it’s still bleeding . “ 

yes and it will till he lays down and sleeps like he does 90% of the time , leave him be .

Biz try killing something with a trad or even harder selfbow.   Trust me it will blow up your ranking system.   
What's the difference between a trad and selfbow?

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Those are way up there along with "Bare Bows", but Belo was talking bow/xbow. Dennis Dunn is a true legend. I hunted the same areas as he did for Lynx in B.C. years ago. People forget he went to Harvard.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic