Hobbies? Besides hunting what are your hobbies? New Years Resolutions? Anyone?

burmjohn

Haha, thats a good one. I like your new disclaimer too...

thank you. it so far appears to be working. Well I must say it has not been tested since I posted it. I am sure soon I will post something unpopular and be reminded again of what my opinion should be.

Photography. Particularly landscape photography. Sports - following and participating in. I've been on the same softball league the past 7 years. We play every Sunday. We take it very serious so that dominates my summer. I go to the gym or run outside regularly but I haven't done so in months. Hiking/camping/fishing. Traveling. I have to admit, I play video games here and there as well but I don't play online because I'm tired of getting killed by some 12 year old who has no job or social life to worry about and plays all freakin' summer.

As for hobbies, my son has a Rampage? r/c truck. Electric. We hardly ever use it, but that is always fun. I'm busy being a dad most of the time. The boys do Brazilian Jiu-jitsu too. I would like to do more shed hunting this winter and get training in at least 2x a week. Work on cardio big time. Maybe do a competition or two. Do the boxing thing soon for the cardio issue? Never enough time...

I have (had) way too many hobbies as well.... currently my hobbies include: archery, cycling, woodworking & photography. Assuming of course that I actually can find some time to practice any of them, I try to split them up by seasons.

Skillet best of luck to you,I used the patch when I quit.Hang in there and get it done....Best thing you could do for your self,Again good luck.

I used Wellbutrin. Ask your doctor. Expensive (but then again, they're not that much more than what patches would cost) but it really works.

Riding my Harley, teaching taekwondo, metal detecting, trout fishing, woodworking, 3D archery in the summer, Muzzleoader league in Winter... on the nerdy side I have a pretty extensive stamp collection, and sports card collection... I had to stop playing lacrosse at 50... couldn't risk getting hurt and being out of work ... I think I miss that mostly because I'm still physically able to play, but it was time.

Cool thread. I love to grow vegetables and fruit. My grandfather grew up on the family farm and that was our thing. He moved to Florida last year and I kind of struggled with it this past year...it wasnt the smae without him. Still managed to grow some decent stuff.

• 3 years later...

For hobbies, I birdwatch, garden, tend my chickens, Geocache (some of you might want to look into this, it's fun during the off months: http://www.geocaching.com/ )

I am self employed so I rarely have much free time so my hobbies list is small.

I just recently started Geocaching, Its a good time, Im not a fan of the guardrail caches but mystery and multi caches are where its at for me, Nothing like a complicated puzzle too figure out while your out walking and seeing a lot of new public ground that i never knew was there, If you guys havent tried it, You should kinda like deer hunting just a little different lol 

• Like 1

Besides hunting:  I enjoy hiking, fishing, camping, canoe trips. I also play some acoustic guitar and like to ride my motorcycle. I like my wood working projects and make bird houses and feeders which I sell locally. I have to add that I really enjoy the challenge of placing trail cameras out to capture wildlife photos of the seldom seen creatures like black bear, bobcat, bald eagles, beaver, coyote, fox, and fishers. I am building a nice collection of photos.

have been into archery for a very long time love everything about it shooting, tuning bows . last few years have gotten into hand guns heavily, (specifically revolvers) so have gotten into reloading and working up loads and doing my own trigger jobs and decided to handgun hunt only for last few years. I find smoking deals on older non running atv's and rebuild them, on my second atv for a complete tear down and rebuild #3 is in the wings. my job is a auto tech so I love anything technical. and of course my house we bought a old 1800's farm house (wife calls it our money pit) i have redone 4 rooms top to bottom , new windows ,new basement windows, painted house, replaced entire front porch, new furnace , roof etc. last few years I have worked heavily on our house so taking this year off from the house to work on a our new 300 acre lease we just picked up this year, mowing trails, hanging more stands and setting up game cameras .and my wife loves to hunt as much as I do so she will be out getting her hands just as dirty as mine on the lease..

Edited by rob-c

Wow, lots of variety here.  Not sure all constitute hobbies as I spend varying degrees of time with them, but my interests include hanging with the family,  powerlifting, cold-water fishing (salmon/trout), traditional archery, motorcycles, and movies (time period movies preferred).

The goals this year are to drop some lbs (no need to be a super heavyweight anymore as my serious competition phase is over) and stop chewing tobacco for good.  One day clean now.  lol.

• Like 1