OK - OCD question

moog5050

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Absolutely ! Maybe Larry will chime in on the number of times he has seen a drier on fire . 

First nothing runs when we leave, not the washer, dryer , dishwasher nothing , second anything that heats up,is unplugged when not in use .

Heres one dryer fire story .

First , Engines have pumps ,attack lines ,supply lines and 500 gallons of water, and slightly built FF’s . Trucks have ladders , tools and big strong men , our Trucks do have 300 gallons and a pump and a couple  attack lines , so we can go to car, dumpster fires and so on , but we are never the base pumper at a building fire . 

Fire comes in two blocks from my firehouse , so I knew my Truck would  beat the Engines in ,no biggie we’ll search and ladder like we always do when we beat the engines . Pull up and THE Fire Chief is there as he was driving by, he says ,” Lar , Take a  line in that door the stairs go right to the apartment on the second floor , “ so we bring in a line and knock down the dryer fire. I report over the air,  fire knocked down , Chief says “ I don’t think so “ I stick my head out the window and smoke is puffing hard out the attic .....

We don’t have six foot hooks to pull the ceiling ,as we came in as an “ engine “ ,with hose , and the actual engines came in like they always do, so nobody was doing truck work or brought in hooks. I call for the hooks we pull the ceilings and knock down the attic fire . 

Owner had run a metal dryer vent up, into  the attic ,which basically was a blow torch now once the dryer caught fire .

The renters had started dryer and left .... Our delay In the hooks was a bit frustrating, but had minimal effect ,overall .

Fast forwent a couple years I’m at PT, nice looking blonde gal as my therapist , she sees I’m a FF, says oh my apartment caught fire once, I ask where she tells me .....

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

First nothing runs when we leave, not the washer, dryer , dishwasher nothing , second anything that heats up,is unplugged when not in use .

First , Engines have pumps ,attack lines ,supply lines and 500 gallons of water, and slightly built FF’s . Trucks have ladders , tools and big strong men , our Trucks do have 300 gallons and a pump and a couple  attack lines , so we can go to car, dumpster fires and so on , but we are never the base pumper at a building fire . 

Fire comes in two blocks from my firehouse , so I knew my Truck would  beat the Engines in ,no biggie we’ll search and ladder like we always do when we beat the engines . Pull up and THE Fire Chief is there as he was driving by, he says ,” Lar , Take a  line in that door the stairs go right to the apartment on the second floor , “ so we bring in a line and knock down the dryer fire. I report over the air,  fire knocked down , Chief says “ I don’t think so “ I stick my head out the window and smoke is puffing hard out the attic .....

We don’t have six foot hooks to pull the ceiling ,as we came in as an “ engine “ ,with hose , and the actual engines came in like they always do, so nobody was doing truck work or brought in hooks. I call for the hooks we pull the ceilings and knock down the attic fire . 

Owner had run a metal dryer vent up, into  the attic ,which basically was a blow torch now once the dryer caught fire .

The renters had started dryer and left .... Our delay In the hooks was a bit frustrating, but had minimal effect ,overall .

Fast forwent a couple years I’m at PT, nice looking blonde gal as my therapist , she sees I’m a FF, says oh my apartment caught fire once, I ask where she tells me .....

I cleaned up the aftermath of numerous dryer fire over the years. And food left on the stove, in the oven, puff backs (oil furnaces that puked soot all through the house) candle fires etc........thank GOD for those fireman.

• Like 2

I clean up the kitchen after I cook, as I make a mess! This time of year i seem to clean it a lot, but I'd rather be in the kitchen cooking up some venison than outside freezing my arse off! As for being OCD? I don't think so! The lights on all over the house that gets me too. But I go a step further with 3 way switches, I have to go out of my way to be sure the lower switch is always in the off position! ( maybe I do have issues)!!!

Fun fact 
[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]cleans his grill after every use . Some of you may say that’s not bad but he does it immediately while his meat sits and gets cold . 

Cleaning a hot grill takes under 1 minutes. It’s just a few swipes with the brush. There are people who don’t swipe and cover it (once cool) after every use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19 hours ago, Nomad said:

That reminds me of some stories I've heard my father tell us . My dad was a volunteer fireman my whole life until he went inactive and just focused on helping around the hall with the bar and bingo stuff.  He worked for gold cross ambulance when I was younger and those are the most disturbing stories.

What Foods Can You Put Down Your Garbage Disposal?
YES

FoodScraps
Fruit Scraps
Fruit_Pits
Fruit Pits
VegetableScraps
Vegetable Scraps
Corn
Corn Cobs
CookedMeat
Cooked Meat
SmallBones
Small Bones
LeftOvers
Leftovers
Ice
Ice

NO
 ClamShells
Clam or Oyster Shells
Grease
Grease
Oil
Oil
Vege_Peels
A Large Amount of Vegetable Peels
EggShells
A Large Number of Eggshells
Corn_Husks
Corn Husks
Artichoke
Artichokes
Non-Foods
Any Non-food Items

Illustrations by Chris Philpot

I just bought a foaming disposal cleaner that I'm in love with. 

7 minutes ago, left field said:
What Foods Can You Put Down Your Garbage Disposal?
YES

FoodScraps
Fruit Scraps
Fruit_Pits
Fruit Pits
VegetableScraps
Vegetable Scraps
Corn
Corn Cobs
CookedMeat
Cooked Meat
SmallBones
Small Bones
LeftOvers
Leftovers
Ice
Ice

NO
 ClamShells
Clam or Oyster Shells
Grease
Grease
Oil
Oil
Vege_Peels
A Large Amount of Vegetable Peels
EggShells
A Large Number of Eggshells
Corn_Husks
Corn Husks
Artichoke
Artichokes
Non-Foods
Any Non-food Items

Illustrations by Chris Philpot

I just bought a foaming disposal cleaner that I'm in love with. 

I would be bad at this .  It's like recycling who really knows what is and what isn't supposed to and remember it.  Clams shells and silverware I would prob remember. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I would be bad at this .  It's like recycling who really knows what is and what isn't supposed to and remember it.  Clams shells and silverware I would prob remember. 

They were banned in NYC for years. I think they thought people would stuff body parts and transmissions down there. Probably right.

• Like 1

What Foods Can You Put Down Your Garbage Disposal? YES       FoodScraps&key=dd8ad6e029061a900a96cc1940680000ef73b31ea49d6acbad018020efa69e6f Fruit Scraps Fruit_Pits&key=83b59972afb82996d68c92fd9af605fb0bdaac49113e5cccca7335eefd8d39e6 Fruit Pits VegetableScraps&key=a6b3def435e2559778f4a3e1a8f6bcab7b438f24b64e1540d812d66446e0f5d8 Vegetable Scraps Corn&key=54aa291893c47c37785cf43b0fe793c77a98d0db308a15f6374714ad90e0a21e Corn Cobs CookedMeat&key=445fa2f11ad0f628c9341ac56d17d57b1c193be40b45452dd217d6cb1f5b0d36 Cooked Meat SmallBones&key=f5384d5acd64789055c0bd4708b7f8dc53a338b3f61806502dae3002f98ccfc1 Small Bones LeftOvers&key=623dd9f477cb9db00ecc2f340f13808581fce9f40275eba07f21b31b741930b4 Leftovers Ice&key=a5c180e42473321f07ef665af6d62301349da3f785f4329a782efc926ff454d0 Ice   NO  ClamShells&key=5cea9a7cbccc5b89a172a2554781d451255c02da8e90547bbfa221c6f2d9a811 Clam or Oyster Shells Grease&key=f8081af07d593887c30dc8c8750598b5475594b1e12f863d0e0c63b932ceeda6 Grease Oil&key=3fe4b3d21a6a10f10dbfd4cef1fdae94eec9f08c4af53394365dbbd212455f9f Oil Vege_Peels&key=2693ba16427975f6b39667bba85ab8e8ae675cad75033d4102ba2751e8683cf3 A Large Amount of Vegetable Peels EggShells&key=e2a9236234e0f5614973ce22b199a323eec8f5e932184f22e5950ca962e90f59 A Large Number of Eggshells Corn_Husks&key=e4a07684721d482af76553a7d9fa5a381bbec74f0647ffaa8ba1e1e577e76ea0 Corn Husks Artichoke&key=21ca025ad44f32aad5004c7b0edbd762092ed0da924b5507c20a5c857a9119d5 Artichokes Non-Foods&key=9d3569ae693c7eba83d2cae0b2329c959f1e8027ecac69e2d4e8ba88955f50c7 Any Non-food Items   Illustrations by Chris Philpot     I just bought a foaming disposal cleaner that I'm in love with. 

The foaming cleaners are so satisfying!

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Sub topic: is the sink disposal a garbage can? Discuss.

I've put in 14 kitchens last 4 months, this week on 15 is the first where one showed up with the appliances. Nice job too, how disappointing. 

In 32 years of residential work, any client that's had one, when you ask if they want again it's the most emphatic no you can get.

Stink like a rotten disgusting mess they are.

I've put in 14 kitchens last 4 months, this week on 15 is the first where one showed up with the appliances. Nice job too, how disappointing. 

In 32 years of residential work, any client that's had one, when you ask if they want again it's the most emphatic no you can get.

Stink like a rotten disgusting mess they are.

I don’t know anyone who has one yet except forum members now. Just empty your plate in garbage before rinsing in sink and putting in dishwasher. I don’t get the point of it

• Like 1