Afghanistan falls in a week, WTH?

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I don't recall all this backlash when Trump abandoned our allies the Kurds.  Literally a million people running for their lives.  The double standard is amazing.  

Trump gave the Taliban legitimacy by negotiating a "peace treaty" with them and tried to invite them to Camp David.  He allowed the release of hundreds of Taliban from Afghani jails.  He wanted us out of Afghanistan and "endless wars".  You think he had a better plan?  Like he's some kind of military mastermind?  You think he listened to military advisors?  He constantly insulted them.  Trump is some kind of diplomatic genius?  I don't get it.  He was a fake tough guy, like so many other people today who can't grasp facts or reality.  You love his BS so much that you can't see the situation for what it is.

Of course it could have been handled better.  Of course it's sad and terrible.  But it's FAKE to act like you care for the people of Afghanistan when you don't care about the Capitol police.  

And if any of you think you personally would do a great job as president, then you're fooling yourself.  It's an awful, thankless gig.  At the very least, I am convinced that Biden is actually trying to be a president, not build up his brand name and profit from the position.  

It can’t be spelled out any more clear than this. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It can’t be spelled out any more clear than this. 

I don't recall  seeing  bunch of people hanging off a military transport jet and falling to there death  during the trump administration do you ?

Lets see the video ?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

So we are sending in enough to control the Air Port and get some people out. But if you think we're sending troops in on the ground to route the Taliban out of the cities now your daft. That would mean the lives of many more American servicemen for a cause that was already lost decades ago

Ahh YOU said “‘read my lips , we are out of Afghanistan “

I tried to educate you , we are NOT nor will we ever be !

We currently have thousands of troops there and we WILL for a long long time  have troops there .

Having troops there means we are NOT out of Afghanistan !

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't recall  seeing  bunch of people hanging off a military transport jet and falling to there death  during the trump administration do you ?

Lets see the video ?   

Also Odumbo and Biden had 8 years to pull out , why didn’t they do it ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Also Odumbo and Biden had 8 years to pull out , why didn’t they do it ??

They are Puppets that's  why,  the only president in  our life time  we had that really was his own man was  trump for good or bad and thats why elements from both sides went after him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

They are Puppets that's  why,  the only president in  our life time  we had that really was his own man was  trump for good or bad and thats why elements from both sides went after him.

Perhaps in YOUR lifetime....Where the hell is Ronald Reagan when we need  him..??....

Reagan was the last pres candidate that I REALLY wanted to vote for....The rest have been just the lesser of two evils...

TRUMP  ??  I'd rather get kicked in the groin than vote for that egosistical asshole  , but I'd rather be breast fed by Bruce Jenner  than vote for Hilary  or any of those other liberal commie bastards... 

OK..That's my political statement for this year... I'm going out in the garden to eat worms...

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Too much to list. Liar and fraud , embarrassment, dope, draft dodger who was quoted as saying he couldn't go to Vietnam because he was chasing Manhattan tail. And Joe is already doing better

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion as ridiculous as that may be. Sidenote, I had no idea how many Libtard’s hunted.

Edited by Waterfowler
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Perhaps in YOUR lifetime....Where the hell is Ronald Reagan when we need  him..??....

Reagan was the last pres candidate that I REALLY wanted to vote for....The rest have been just the lesser of two evils...

TRUMP  ??  I'd rather get kicked in the groin than vote for that egosistical asshole  , but I'd rather be breast fed by Bruce Jenner  than vote for Hilary  or any of those other liberal commie bastards... 

OK..That's my political statement for this year... I'm going out in the garden to eat worms...

X2. Except for the eating worms part..ha.ha

36 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion as ridiculous as that may be. Sidenote, I had no idea how many Libtard’s huntedWell, you’re entitled to your opinion as ridiculous as that may be. Sidenote, I had no idea how many Libtard’s hunted

You may have suffered a stroke while typing. Please seek medical help promptly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Yea trump is a- hole  good tipper though  I know some one who worked at one of the golf courses he use to go to , everybody got Benjamin that was around him ,   Well nobody else has the balls to criticize the left do they ? 

I mean basically that is  why they just keep becoming more crazy isn't it its like you have a kid and you never tell them right from wrong what happens ? 

1 hour ago, Waterfowler said:

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion as ridiculous as that may be. Sidenote, I had no idea how many Libtard’s hunted.

GC never posts any facts … draft dodger ? BS !!!

He had college deferments like thousands of others and had a lottery number so high he never would have been called anyway.

Last President that truly was a draft dodger was Clinton !

Saying Biden is better than Trump is the joke of the year … OMG …

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

They will be if you treat them like that lol. 

No terrorism in china . And  They hate us anyway I thought the point of this war is to kill them there before they kill us here ?

So biden decides to bring thousands of  them here makes perfect sense there is know way to know who these  people are  coming here why take a  chance?

We are  probably just creating a bigger chance of terrorism by bringing thousands here they should go to another muslim country. 

We should help them get to neighboring countries like Pakistan Iran turkey and other Muslim countries where they could  assimilate better.

Edited by phantom

Saw on the news this am that one of the leaders of the Tali in the video aired last few days was one of the Sweethearts released under the Beau Berghdal Prisoner Exchange agreement brokered by Obama.  Of course, one of the conditions of his release was that he had to promise he wouldnt go back and join the Taliban; what he said , in fact , was that he "wanted to go home to care for his sick father"- Right!!   Very poor decision; it was a bad deal , brokered by a very weak, albeit well meaning Commander-In-Chief!!

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 2

Truth be told, though, who would deny that if the shoe were on the other foot, and it was Trump that had blundered  as egregiously as Biden did with this whole Afghanistan withdrawal thing, that we (us Conservatives) would be minimizing and defending his decisions just as passionately as VH, GC, and others would be excoriating him (and rightly so)?  Politically, I think that People tend to defend who they agree with most, no matter what-well, mostly, and each individual has their own  metric for deciding when to break.   I know that it is abundantly clear to all who are fair minded, objective and honest, that Bidens dotage has affected his cognitive abilities to an appreciable extent and that there are legitamate questions regarding his fitness for the office. But people on the left didnt care as they found the alternative- the re-election of Donald Trump- as far worse.  I get that- dont you? If the situation were reversed last year and it was Trump clearly cognitively challenged, who among us would have made the "right" call and pulled the lever for Biden instead? I 

18 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

wouldnt have! People are inherently loyal to their preferred political leaders , almost to the bitter end-thats just the way it is!

(Dont know why the VH quote block came up , but I cant figure out how to get rid of it lol)

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 1

Just now, Northcountryman said:

Truth be told, though, who would deny that if the shoe were on the other foot, and it was Trump that had blundered  as egregiously as Biden did with this whole Afghanistan withdrawal thing, that we (us Conservatives) would be minimizing and defending his decisions just as passionately as VH, GC, and others would be excoriating him (and rightly so)?  Politically, I think that People tend to defend who they agree with most, no matter what-well, mostly, and each individual has their own  metric for deciding when to break.   I know that it is abundantly clear to all who are fair minded, objective and honest, that Bidens dotage has affected his cognitive abilities to an appreciable extent and that there are legitamate questions regarding his fitness for the office. But people on the left didnt care as they found the alternative- the re-election of Donald Trump- as far worse.  I get that- dont you? If the situation were reversed last year and it was Trump clearly cognitively challenged, who among us would have made the "right" call and pulled the lever for Biden instead? I 

wouldnt have! People are inherently loyal to their preferred political leaders , almost to the bitter end-thats just the way it is!

That is a great observation. I'll admit, I have been disappointed in Biden, even though I voted for him. I was very hopeful that there could be at least a few bridges built between the right and left, and outside of the one Senate infrastructure bill (which was followed by another partisan one), very little has happened on this front. I know that a lot of this is on us, and our own inability to find if not common ground, at least some middle ground. However, I was hopeful that Biden could deliver on his promise to "unite", which so far hasn't been the case. Outside of some nice statements and sentiments, very little has been done to bring folks together in my opinion. 

I do not regret not voting for Trump however, there is no way that was going to happen. Just too many things that I can't get over about him. However, I'm not sure if Biden were to run again if he would have my vote a 2nd time. Time will tell. 

• Like 1