Hurricane Henri

First-light

I'm buttoned up here in Northport. Expecting 70-80 mph winds with a lot of rain. This storm is going to bring some big rain upstate. Be safe all flooding is going to be a big problem. 

We are looking at a 5 foot storm surge. Not good. Be safe all. 

• Like 1

I just came west on the Thruway from Batavia and saw a ton of utility trucks, tree service trucks and HEAVY equipment loaded on trailers, all heading east.   The powers that “be” are awfully concerned with this storm, no doubt.   

Batten down the hatches guys………

• Like 3

Generators all gassed up [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]?

Nah. Maybe 4 total days without power since 2015 for me. Not worth the $10K generac.

Stay safe everyone! This could be the first hurricane with NY landfall since 1991

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nah. Maybe 4 total days without power since 2015 for me. Not worth the $10K generac.

Stay safe everyone! This could be the first hurricane with NY landfall since 1991

Looks like a direct hit in LI and CT.  Might be a blessing you didn't close on that house.  Dunno how close you were going to be to the ocean. Stay safe. 

There predicting 3-5” of rain in the Albany area. More to the south and east which is where I'm located. Just got 1.3" of rain from Fred.  

While it's not nowhere near as bad as some are going to get, it's not going to be pretty.

Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

$2000 on a portable Honda can make life much better in a bad situation.  YMMV

Looks like a direct hit in LI and CT.  Might be a blessing you didn't close on that house.  Dunno how close you were going to be to the ocean. Stay safe. 

I was going farther north actually. Near Candlewood Lake. Not on the coast

Downgraded to tropical storm and likely to stay well east of SENY. I wouldnt even close my patio umbrellas

I know you’re lying because you have the same patio set as me and those peashooter umbrellas bases can’t handle 12mph winds

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I know you’re lying because you have the same patio set as me and those peashooter umbrellas bases can’t handle 12mph winds

Sre you gonna let pete ride it out in the garage?