What would you do?

Swamp_bucks

So I'm torn.  I have two cameras setup in pa not far of a walk on each piece.  I really want to know whats on them and I'm thinking about running down next week to pull them to see what's on the cards plus I don't want them to get stolen even though they are well above I site.

Question is should I just leave them until we get there the second week of October to huntor just run down and pull them now?  

2 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

So I'm torn.  I have two cameras setup in pa not far of a walk on each piece.  I really want to know whats on them and I'm thinking about running down next week to pull them to see what's on the cards plus I don't want them to get stolen even though they are well above I site.

Question is should I just leave them until we get there the second week of October to huntor just run down and pull them now?  

Do both.  Check them and see if anything on them right then .  If nothing you can move them to another location and still have some Intel time before hand on another area .  Or if they have a lot of pics keep them there and reload some new cards in them.  

Plus I think you are dying to see what's on them!  Lol

If you don't mind the drive and have the time, go for it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I assuming public land if you're worried about them being stolen? 

I think I'd chance it, but go during the less active times. 

Yea not worried about the drive only takes an hr I could be down and back by 10am. 

Might just go pull cards and see what's on them and if I need to relocate I will real quick.

If we wait to pull then I'll check them during the middle of the day. Both are by field edges.  I know where they are bedding g just want to see what's running around.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Don't have any this year. I make 1 big investment a year into my gear and this year was a high end tree stand for mobile hunting. Next year will be 2 cell cameras. 3 if I can get a good deal on one somewhere.

Gotcha .. I bought two , 99.00 ea and they both work great !

I like the Spypoint better , it’s smaller , takes two less batteries and has a free plan !

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I would check them and pull and/or move them if you are on unfamiliar land. Pull them if you see something you like and think someone might move in on the spot you found or move them if you don’t see any to your liking.

4 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I would check them and pull and/or move them if you are on unfamiliar land. Pull them if you see something you like and think someone might move in on the spot you found or move them if you don’t see any to your liking.

There is a saddle I wanted to check out the day we went down and never got to it. Might be worth checking back out. Guess I will decide this weekend if I'm going.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Will the results of the pics change your plans on where and when to hunt? if so, then yes check them. If it doesn't change anything, then just hunt and check them midday or on your way in/out hunting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Will the results of the pics change your plans on where and when to hunt? if so, then yes check them. If it doesn't change anything, then just hunt and check them midday or on your way in/out hunting.

Possibly yes.  Never going to this area it would be nice to know whats around however I know the next couple weeks they are going to be changing patterns.  But if I know they are there somewhere I can try and find them once we get there. 

I can make up my mind.  May check them quick and leave them since they aren't far off field edges.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

This also why close to home I pull my cameras 1st week of September to help prevent them from being stolen and to keep my ass from checking them. Usually by end of August I know whats in the area and can just hunt them

Really? In my area, pretty much none of the same deer are in the same areas from summer to hunting season.