Jump to content

150" Live From The Country Club


Lawdwaz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was on my way home from work tonight and spied with my little eye a deer on the golf course and the last light of the day.  I snapped the steering wheel into the Country Club Of Buffalo driveway and proceeded to stalk this buck with my stealthy Tacoma p/u.  He wasn't real keen on me but I got a couple nice (?) pics.  He was a perfect 10 point and I'd put him at 150" easy.  No hunting area of course but who doesn't like to see a hawg?

FORE!!!!!

(SEE BELOW)

Edited by Lawdwaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah nice buck. 

Reminds me of the buck I named a few years ago.... Big 10 point my buddy shot at.  So I named it the "Par 5 buck". Cause he shot at it 4 times and never got it. I figured it must be a par 5. 

Yeah he loved that. Lol.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Was on my way home from work tonight and spied with my little eye a deer on the golf course and the last light of the day.  I snapped the steering wheel into the Country Club Of Buffalo driveway and proceeded to stalk this buck with my stealthy Tacoma p/u…..

Road hunter, ha, that’s the key to success; eh? LOL

In the mid 80’s I worked at Park CC on Sheridan. There was a buck used to live on that convent property that bordered it (I think that’s a state park now?) and walk down Sheridan in the wee hours and hangout at Westwood CC (I don’t know what that is now). 

I didn’t hunt then, but found his sheds mowing greens at Park and still have them, biggest deer rack I have ever personally handled.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Road hunter, ha, that’s the key to success; eh? LOL

In the mid 80’s I worked at Park CC on Sheridan. There was a buck used to live on that convent property that bordered it (I think that’s a state park now?) and walk down Sheridan in the wee hours and hangout at Westwood CC (I don’t know what that is now). 

I didn’t hunt then, but found his sheds mowing greens at Park and still have them, biggest deer rack I have ever personally handled.

Absolute MONSTERS there still Dan.  I have a video of two giants battling it out at Sheridan and Indian Trail, it's a long video (over a minute) so uploading to YouTube would be painful. :(

Tacks got it from a friend I think then sent it to me......

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Road hunter, ha, that’s the key to success; eh? LOL
In the mid 80’s I worked at Park CC on Sheridan. There was a buck used to live on that convent property that bordered it (I think that’s a state park now?) and walk down Sheridan in the wee hours and hangout at Westwood CC (I don’t know what that is now). 
I didn’t hunt then, but found his sheds mowing greens at Park and still have them, biggest deer rack I have ever personally handled.
Post a pic of the sheds. My cousin belongs there and sends me pics all the time in the fall of the monsters that hang around the confines of the course.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Post a pic of the sheds. My cousin belongs there and sends me pics all the time in the fall of the monsters that hang around the confines of the course.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
 

I’ll dig them out if I have time, in a tote somewhere.

 

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Absolute MONSTERS there still Dan.  I have a video of two giants battling it out at Sheridan and Indian Trail, it's a long video (over a minute) so uploading to YouTube would be painful. :(

Tacks got it from a friend I think then sent it to me......

Cool, that’s right there. That’s by Parks grounds buildings entrance, there’s a par 3 right there where that deer used to hang.

That’s also where I found 2 rather amorous ladies “enjoying” each other’s company one time, that’s a fun story……

Damn that’s a long time ago, now I feel old.
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...