Get rid of it

Nah, it's all diversion and whining.  Comprehension is lacking here.  Guess we're back to the original issue.  Stay out of this forum and for you it no longer exists.  Keep it, get rid of it, who cares?  It's completely insignificant to me.

As for why I lost interest in this site, just look at the responses people get on their posts here, and I'm talking about hunting posts.  There's more turkeys on this site than in all of NY State.  Some people enhance the quality of your hunting experience, and some don't.  I tend to dump the latter.

Nah, it's all diversion and whining.  Comprehension is lacking here.  Guess we're back to the original issue.  Stay out of this forum and for you it no longer exists.  Keep it, get rid of it, who cares?  It's completely insignificant to me.
As for why I lost interest in this site, just look at the responses people get on their posts here, and I'm talking about hunting posts.  There's more turkeys on this site than in all of NY State.  Some people enhance the quality of your hunting experience, and some don't.  I tend to dump the latter.

So you have lost Interest in the site.. we are all a bunch of turkeys yet you come here and troll
Daily? Why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all here are turkeys, but you know who is.  Some enjoy a hen pecking party, and feel safe in numbers.  Why do I stay?  I'm not a quitter.  I'll just keep calling out the stupidity that pisses the turkeys off.  Getting rid of all the turkeys would be far better than getting rid of the political section, because they're the one's that can't handle the political section.  Can't be civil, can't debate, can't be objective or make a case.  Why do they stay?

Well, it was fun while it lasted. But I guess I'm not that surprised that you couldn't man up.

I said it would be good for the forum for the two of us to stop posting in this sub. I enjoy the overall forum and find filled with good, decent, helpful and occasionally funny people, and would do what small thing I can to further its success. You come out and call it filled with 'turkeys" and your mission is to piss them off. 

How screwed up that is.

Sometime ago, you said something to the effect of at this point in your life you were willing to risk prison or death to "fight the good fight." I honestly thought we were going to read about you in the papers. Thankfully, that didn't happen. But how did your personal war manifest itself? Is it posting in this sub more often?

Oh snap ... that'll show them.

Edited by left field

9 hours ago, left field said:

I see that all of a sudden you've been posting more in the rest of the forum. Confession time ... that was one of my goals. I hate to manipulate someone but it was pretty easy and ultimately, I think you'll be a better man for it. 

You're welcome.

Your a legend in your own mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Your a legend in your own mind.

Naw. In my mind I'm a pirate king with Geena Davis from Cutthroat Island at my side.

21 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Some people on this site need to realize when I stop responding to them, it doesn't mean they've won.

It simply means they are no longer worthy of any of my time.  None of them.

Another win. People are going to come up to me and say, "Sir, please stop winning so much, we're getting tired of it."

• Haha 1

Quoting Trump? It's a joke. 

Over the past few days, I complimented the forum and the people who post here and offered to remove myself from this sub for the betterment of the whole if he would do the same. He balked and then said "There's more turkeys on this site than in all of NY State" and he really didn't care about it.

I'll let you decide the humility of each position.

I say we just flood the political area with outdoorsy stuff. Since someone has made it 100% clear they are only here "piss people off", and be disruptive, I say those of us who actually go outside return the favor with everything from bushcraft to what slippers you like to wear at camp or if you wear crocks while in the woods.

I'll kick things off:

What's your favorite color of vanes?

Edited by DirtTime
spelling- the nazis are out for typos.

5 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I say we just flood the political area with outdoorsy stuff. Since someone has made it 100% clear they are only here "piss people off", and be disruptive, I say those of us who actually go outside return the favor with everything from bushcraft to what slippers you like to wear at camp or if you wear crocks while in the woods.

I'll kick things off:

What's your favorite color of vanes?

I don't believe I've ever wore crocks in the woods.. I did take off my boots and stalk a buck for a few hundred yards..I missed him at 20 yds.lol.

I think I will pack a pair of  crocks on next year's elk trip for around spike camp.

Edited by ncountry
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 1:56 AM, Grouse said:

Well, considering how much politics is involved in every aspect of our lives, including firearms, anti-hunting agendas, banning coyote contests, hunting regs, season dates, etc., etc., thinking it won't inject itself into many of the threads that will be posted in every other forum is a dream.  I think you will find it will be more work than you anticipate to keep it off the site.  I wish you luck with that.

BTW, how much activity does the political forum generate for the site percentage wise?  Won't that affect ad revenue?  Just a thought.

No clue as to how much ad revenue it creates or maybe costs the site because people don’t like it. That’s for the site owner to determine. 

7 hours ago, left field said:

Naw. In my mind I'm a pirate king with Geena Davis from Cutthroat Island at my side.

Another win. People are going to come up to me and say, "Sir, please stop winning so much, we're getting tired of it."

There's hope for you yet when you start quoting President Trump! See, he did have a positive influence on you! 

Welcome aboard! :  )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, left field said:

Quoting Trump? It's a joke. 

Over the past few days, I complimented the forum and the people who post here and offered to remove myself from this sub for the betterment of the whole if he would do the same. He balked and then said "There's more turkeys on this site than in all of NY State" and he really didn't care about it.

I'll let you decide the humility of each position.

Did I? I did not realize that, but I am impressed that apparently you did!!

I did , btw, decide that the "humility" reflected in your posts was nonexistsent as compared to his; thats why I busted your chops!! You appear to attach a great deal of signfificance to your posts !! lol

19 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Did I? I did not realize that, but I am impressed that apparently you did!!

I did , btw, decide that the "humility" reflected in your posts was nonexistsent as compared to his; thats why I busted your chops!! You appear to attach a great deal of signfificance to your posts !! lol

Well, let's see. I don't bullshit in my posts, make myself out to be something I'm not, hide my ignorance behind hubris or troll other than trying to be funny. And a vast majority are self deprecating. So in that sense, yes, I guess I do attach some significance to my posts. Whether others do is up to them. I don't live and die based on my "likes."

Rattler is finally making an attempt to resurrect his reputation and join the rest of the forum, and for that I applaud him and wish him well. It's admirable. 

I dont know if you do or you dont; Are you suggesting , however, that Grouse does? 

Also, who's Rattler? Ive seen that moniker pop up before- who is he?

Grouse is rattler it was his other handle that he used to troll from

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

I dont know if you do or you dont; Are you suggesting , however, that Grouse does? 

I could be wrong but I think he was referring to one of the resident Rino’s here that may or may not have voted for Brandon and some of his outlandish remarks...

Edited by NonTypical

On 12/7/2021 at 8:44 AM, Chef said:

Who else thinks this section brings nothing to the forum. I’m starting to think the Gun and hunting laws belong but the politics and vaccine and all that other crap need to go.

Frankly on all sides it has been reduced to childishness. On top of which members who truly used to contribute to the forum now live in that muck.

There are also a subset of people rattler aka grouse… storm aka shoots 100 and others who just live in there and pretty much don’t contribute at all.

Wouldn’t this be a better use of Mods time instead of banning for a few insults or getting rid of jerkman for posting a gif of someone laughing.

@WNYBuckHunter

You wanna make the forum great again…. Drain this swamp

Or you can always scroll down. Dont engage cancel culture has to stop.people need to discuss whats goin on,what if we need to organize and inform people .

Or you can always scroll down. Dont engage cancel culture has to stop.people need to discuss whats goin on,what if we need to organize and inform people .

Says the guy with less than 30 posts in over a year… thanks for your contributions