Hot Hands Warmers

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have been using these for years . BJ's Wholesale had the Hot Hands hand warmers (54count) or the Toe Warmers (36 count) on sale for $15.99 ....Dec 21 - Jan 20 . A real bargain . Makes a nice gift .

I went I last week to grab a few things for a party we were going to.  Saw those and bought a box of each. Good deal for the price and the quantity 

I always used the Hot Hands, also. They work, to a point. Once your hands get used to the temp they put out, they go back to being cold. I always had to pull my hands out of my pockets and let them cool off in order to feel the heat coming off the Hot Hands. 

I just recently got a pair of these for my birthday. Absolutely awesome!! actually had to turn them down to medium last week! Inexpensive, rechargeable, battery lasts all day on high, and available at Home Depot. I would highly recommend.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Go-Warmer-17-06-BTUs-Battery-Powered-Rechargeable-Personal-Hand-Heater-with-Flashlight-2-Pack-GW2PK-MC6/317875659?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-317875659-_-N

• Like 2

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I always used the Hot Hands, also. They work, to a point. Once your hands get used to the temp they put out, they go back to being cold. I always had to pull my hands out of my pockets and let them cool off in order to feel the heat coming off the Hot Hands. 

I just recently got a pair of these for my birthday. Absolutely awesome!! actually had to turn them down to medium last week! Inexpensive, rechargeable, battery lasts all day on high, and available at Home Depot. I would highly recommend.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Go-Warmer-17-06-BTUs-Battery-Powered-Rechargeable-Personal-Hand-Heater-with-Flashlight-2-Pack-GW2PK-MC6/317875659?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-317875659-_-N

I've never been anything but happy with Hot Hands warmers, especially the larger ones and stick on ones. This year I used a heated vest and will never leave home without it on a cold day again. It worked great! I'm going to give these electric hand warmed a shot too. thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

My only problems with the big packs , is I don’t go through them fast enough , and in a idk 2-3 years or so they loose their ability to produce much heat .

This year I never used any ,so they sit .

Plus 1 on the heated vest . I bought 4 more for gifts last Christmas, our daughter loves hers for football games .

• Like 3

The electric hand warmers are indeed nice, but one thing I learned is when they are not used, they are cold as icicles. If I am bringing one and not using it, it must go in the pack and not in my pockets or muff. They are real nice for the short hunts where setting it on low gives you constant warmth. Electric vest...big fan too.

They make alot of brands of the disposable warmers now. Hot Hands originals are really they best by a mile. We had another brand this year and me and my hunting partner each had an episode where one of the handwarmers blew up on us making a ridiculous mess of black crap. EVERYWHERE. I figured mine out before it fully burst and only got a small amount of the black stuff on me. My partner...well he and his Sitka Fanatic set looked like he went into a coal mine. Definitely a photo I regret not taking for posterity.

• Like 1

I get about a year out of the big (54) pack of Hot hands.  I usually use just one in my muff.  It has a separate, inner pocket, that holds one.  They last 10 hours.  I usually add a second, fresh one to the muff on real cold days at lunch time,  if I am doing an afternoon hunt.

I am getting low on them now, and just picked up 10 of another brand at Runnings. Most of the Hot hands brand that I have used so far this year were purchased mid-winter last year, and they have still been lasting 10 hours.  

I bought a bag of hot hands from wally world and I must have gotten a bad bag . They don't get near as  warm as the ones from years past .

I find that if I have one that isn’t working so well, and I take it out of the pocket or muff or whatever, expose it to fresh air, shake it up a bit… it warms right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I find that if I have one that isn’t working so well, and I take it out of the pocket or muff or whatever, expose it to fresh air, shake it up a bit… it warms right up.

Wish that was it but I did that ... still didn't warm up . Some just seem to work better than others . Shouldn't have bought them early in the season . They were probably  left overs from last year

• Like 1

Wish that was it but I did that ... still didn't warm up . Some just seem to work better than others . Shouldn't have bought them early in the season . They were probably  left overs from last year

That’s interesting, I have boxes and boxes of them in the basement that are years old. They seem to work just fine. I never thought about them “expiring”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Don_C said:

I've never been anything but happy with Hot Hands warmers, especially the larger ones and stick on ones. This year I used a heated vest and will never leave home without it on a cold day again. It worked great! I'm going to give these electric hand warmed a shot too. thanks for sharing.

Heated vest, heated wireless insoles, electric hand warmers. 

I used to put Hot Toes on top AND bottom of my feet and have one set Hot hands tucked inside my gloves and another set in my pockets. My current set up is sooo much better. 

I like cold weather during deer season, but do not like being cold. the day after the season is over...I want 85 degrees and fishing!!

• Like 1

Real men don't read directions . 5 or 6 years ago I did something rather stupid . In my brilliance , I put some toe warmers on my socks and put another pair of socks on . In the afternoon , my feet bothered me . When I got home and changed clothes and had all my socks off , my feet still hurt . Checked things out and I had burned the pads of my feet . I checked the Toe Warmer package and it states in the WARNING " Do not use between layers of socks" . Well , Duh !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Don_C said:

@squirrelwhispererWhat insoles are you using? I have an ActionHeat vest and it's really great, they have socks, but they are steep...$160 for the newest technology.  Perfect ask for a birthday gift.

My vest (and jacket) are Milwaukee. My insoles are Thermacell. The red ones, not the black. The black ones have removable batteries for charging. The red ones need to be removed to charge. I was concerned with comfort, or discomfort really, with the larger batteries in the black ones.   

A couple years ago Wallyworld had the bags of 5 count hand and toe warmers on clearance for $1. I grabbed a bunch of them. I can put them in my boots and they help as long as my feet aren't buried in snow. The shelf life isn't what they used to be on the actual Hot Hands brand, I noticed the couple times I used them this season they didn't really heat up.

16 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

A couple years ago Wallyworld had the bags of 5 count hand and toe warmers on clearance for $1. I grabbed a bunch of them. I can put them in my boots and they help as long as my feet aren't buried in snow. The shelf life isn't what they used to be on the actual Hot Hands brand, I noticed the couple times I used them this season they didn't really heat up.

Curious ... on the Toe Warmers do you put them on the bottom of your foot between the sock and boot or on top of the sock in the boot , I've never tried them in my boots !

My main hunting coat is a hoodie style thing ,so it has that idk what you call it , that long front pocket open at both ends. So thin gloves and hands in there , no hand warmers needed . 

But I’m generally not hunting in real cold weather, or rain , high wind, days I don’t feel like getting up, if I’d get home to late to watch “ The Wheel “ . 

Edited by Nomad