Just filled my truck up $83.69, Crikey that hurts

rob-c

So I usually don’t let my truck get down so that the fuel light comes on and we’ll I did and man talk about light pockets now sheesh . I drive my 30 mpg Camry  4 or so days out of the week usually and only drive my truck a day or two  to work so that helps but this inflation is insane . 

AA39AF90-226D-456A-BDAE-33B8561A4768.jpeg

• Sad 2

Yes gas prices suck!

I went from a normal job to being self employed last spring .

I do miss my company truck and gas card..lol

Back in the 90s I bought a used motorcycle and mostly paid for it in gas savings. 

Hummm. Maybe I'll have to do the math again.;)

Just did the math.. I don't think I can put 10000 miles a year on a motorcycle anymore.lol. guess it will have to be a really cheap bike.

Edited by ncountry

12 minutes ago, rob-c said:

So I usually don’t let my truck get down so that the fuel light comes on and we’ll I did and man talk about light pockets now sheesh . I drive my 30 mpg Camry  4 or so days out of the week usually and only drive my truck a day or two  to work so that helps but this inflation is insane . 

AA39AF90-226D-456A-BDAE-33B8561A4768.jpeg

Fuel has been at this price in the past. It's not general inflation, it's a manipulated market. If you car pool and drive smaller vehicles, anything to reduce fuel usage the price will drop. When regular fuel get up to 4$ a gallon people stopped driving, park and rides filled up and the price of fuel dropped. It doesn't matter what administration is in power you will be taxed. 

It’s like $3.50 a gallon here in Fla ! Not to much of an issue overall , and other then the trip home we don’t drive much . As a rule I try not to let it it below 1/2 and not driving much I top it off after I use up the first quarter tank .

37 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Fuel has been at this price in the past. It's not general inflation, it's a manipulated market. If you car pool and drive smaller vehicles, anything to reduce fuel usage the price will drop. When regular fuel get up to 4$ a gallon people stopped driving, park and rides filled up and the price of fuel dropped. It doesn't matter what administration is in power you will be taxed. 

Yes I know it has been high before , I do agree it’s manipulation of the market but inflation has a lot to do with it also. When food,  goods etc. prices are also up its tough to swallow 80 to 100 dollar fill ups . As for driving smaller or more fuel efficient vehicles there’s more on the road now than ever has been. 

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

Yes I know it has been high before , I do agree it’s manipulation of the market but inflation has a lot to do with it also. When food,  goods etc. prices are also up its tough to swallow 80 to 100 dollar fill ups . As for driving smaller or more fuel efficient vehicles there’s more on the road now than ever has been. 

also all the increases in minimum wage drive inflation up as well as plunge the value of the dollar. Just wait til it goes digital..... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Yes absolutely, but fuel is one of the things we control as consumers, you can choose to drive a 4 cylinder (lol, we are chevy 5.3l family), and carpool, and if you don't use the fuel the price will go down. Barrel price is relevant. I'm definitely with you. Politicians control it all. Make thier bottom line change with fuel and price will change.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Yes absolutely, but fuel is one of the things we control as consumers, you can choose to drive a 4 cylinder (lol, we are chevy 5.3l family), and carpool, and if you don't use the fuel the price will go down. Barrel price is relevant. I'm definitely with you. Politicians control it all. Make thier bottom line change with fuel and price will change.

except i bought a new truck in 2019 when the fuel was at $2.00 a gallon. Do i sell my vehicle everytime Biden messes things up again..... I will be down to my ride being a boot in the ass by June.  lol  Maybe i can just order a new car - oh wait there isnt any available?  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

except i bought a new truck in 2019 when the fuel was at $2.00 a gallon. Do i sell my vehicle everytime Biden messes things up again..... I will be down to my ride being a boot in the ass by June.  lol  Maybe i can just order a new car - oh wait there isnt any available?  

Well you could always buy used , oh wait ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

except i bought a new truck in 2019 when the fuel was at $2.00 a gallon. Do i sell my vehicle everytime Biden messes things up again..... I will be down to my ride being a boot in the ass by June.  lol  Maybe i can just order a new car - oh wait 

Your on the page you want to be on. It doesnt matter which guy is presedent. Sorry we don't agree and that's ok. All politicians do is take your money, 1 way or another. Or they destroy the environment that you chreish for monetary gain

They are all bums....

• Like 2

Your on the page you want to be on. It doesnt matter which guy is presedent. Sorry we don't agree and that's ok. All politicians do is take your money, 1 way or another. Or they destroy the environment that you chreish for monetary gain
 They are all bums....
Now this we agree on

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I just switched jobs this week, went from driving 4 miles round trip to about 30, and the 2500's aren't known for fuel savings! I was going to sell my motorcycle in the spring but I think I'll keep it to drive to work in the summer now, even though I might get ran over going into Syracuse...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk