The Expanded Antler Restrictions - Who is excited?

TheHunter

lets see..

AR's

Posted property

trespassing

crossbows

poaching

doe permits

nuisance permits

stand hunting

raised box blinds...

did I miss any thing that hasn't been covered on this site with out things always getting nasty?...I hate ...."can't we all just get along?"...what a foolish ?...No!!...but at least try to maintain at a little civility along the way...

lets see..

AR's

Posted property

trespassing

crossbows

poaching

doe permits

nuisance permits

stand hunting

raised box blinds...

did I miss any thing that hasn't been covered on this site with out things always getting nasty?...I hate ...."can't we all just get along?"...what a foolish ?...No!!...but at least try to maintain at a little civility along the way...

you forgot blaze orange

No we didn't it was proven it saves lives, case closed.

No we didn't it was proven it saves lives, case closed.

I sense a you are an instructor post coming. And it is never brought up without an argument. But you are once again entitled to your opinion regardless of validity. Just because you say case closed doesn't make it so.

KILL EM ALL just kill em all then we wont have hunting fill your freezers poach em hunt em all yr just kill em all

tired of reading this bs wha wha wha i think ill delete my acount from here and never look back bunch of grown ass men bitch ing about deer SHOOT WHAT EVER THE F YOU WANT I personally dont need to hunt for food so I choose to hunt for a better class buck.(which is getting harder and harder because of the brown and downers) and thats that.. I ll find a forum of quality deer hunters. I feel like im being swormed by a bunch of Bubbas.. Maybe go get some info ect on DRURYOUTDOORS or something along those lines.

this shit is a joke!!!!...

BE safe any ways BUBBA HUNTERS OR NOT I DONT WANT to GET SHOT BECAUSE ONE OF YA SPIKE KILLES IS UNLOADING on A BUTTON BUCK for meat in your FREEZER..

******just in case a monitor has to delete my account PLEASE DO THANK YOU*************

Edited by DEADDEER1

I sure support the change, in the area I am in we have to many brown is down hunters. I sure let the small buks go by, only to see they taken by my LI hunters next door to me. They also seem to have a box full of doe permits, they get there buddies in LI to ask for our area and then sign them over to this group of 4 hunters...I see some does taken by them to me a little more that 60 lbs. If I had my way it would be a one week gun season, and two weeks for black power and the rest for archery. I also would have it as one buck per year, take it with what ever equiptment you like to use. If we want big bucks maybe the NYDEC should look to Iowa to see what there season is and maybe also change ours to match there season.

DEADDEER1....seriously you might need to develop a thicker skin...season gets cold...lol...Listen I was ...well not as.... thin skinned when first hitting this site ...but ya learn and the biggest lesson you can learn should you choose is....there are more opinions out there than outhouses... if you know what I mean.... and things can get stinky fast....that doesn't mean you shouldn't sometimes hold your breath and wait for the smell to pass....You may find some sweet info and descent conversations if you do...It takes a big sense of humor and a a strong set of eye rolls to get past some posters but that happens on a lot of sites...so when you calm down I'm sure you have some good things worth sharing....by the way....that would be Bubbet...not Bubba :D

• Like 1

DEADDEER1....seriously you might need to develop a thicker skin...season gets cold...lol...Listen I was ...well not as.... thin skinned when first hitting this site ...but ya learn and the biggest lesson you can learn should you choose is....there are more opinions out there than outhouses... if you know what I mean.... and things can get stinky fast....that doesn't mean you shouldn't sometimes hold your breath and wait for the smell to pass....You may find some sweet info and descent conversations if you do...It takes a big sense of humor and a a strong set of eye rolls to get past some posters but that happens on a lot of sites...so when you calm down I'm sure you have some good things worth sharing....by the way....that would be Bubbet...not Bubba :D

Or the other option - bye :bye:

KILL EM ALL just kill em all then we wont have hunting fill your freezers poach em hunt em all yr just kill em all

tired of reading this bs wha wha wha i think ill delete my acount from here and never look back bunch of grown ass men bitch ing about deer SHOOT WHAT EVER THE F YOU WANT I personally dont need to hunt for food so I choose to hunt for a better class buck.(which is getting harder and harder because of the brown and downers) and thats that.. I ll find a forum of quality deer hunters. I feel like im being swormed by a bunch of Bubbas.. Maybe go get some info ect on DRURYOUTDOORS or something along those lines.

BE safe any ways BUBBA HUNTERS OR NOT I DONT WANT to GET SHOT BECAUSE ONE OF YA SPIKE KILLES IS UNLOADING on A BUTTON BUCK for meat in your FREEZER..

******just in case a monitor has to delete my account PLEASE DO THANK YOU*************

OMG i think he has had a acct. here before lol

Edited by paula

Ahhh, the old, Ill be an a-hole to people and then cry about it when I get called on it routine.

Dont let the door hit ya where the lord split ya....

• Like 1

The one buck rule would really get the guys battling...ONE BUCK??? OMG!!! that just crazy!! That would mean all the hunters would be through hunting at 7 am on opening day.. :suicide:

Hey any and all hunters who take a buck at 7 AM are done Buck hunting for rifle season that is the law! So only one buck during "gun season". Now you can harvest an additional buck with a bow during bow season, (very small % o the harvest) at least without xbow. And you can harvest another buck during late bow muzzle loader season, which is an extension of gun season. Most bucks are pretty scare or dead by then. Once again not a very large % of the harvest.

So anyone who is shooting another buck during gun is do so illegally. You can not fill someone else’s tag, not tag your deer ect.

Meat hunter, he is talking about a 1 buck rule period, no matter what season you shoot it in. Your percentage figure is off on how many guys shoot more than 1 a year. We did a poll just on here, and the percentage was higher, even if you cut in half for the overall of the state, it was higher than what you are putting out there.

A 1 buck rule may also make many guys more selective on what they shoot, as alot of them use 1 tag for whatever walks by, and then trophy hunts with the other.

Sorry, but ARs are not the best way to develop age structure, just the easiest and laziest way.

Here are pics of a 1.5 year old from my neck of the woods. He was killed in 2011 and aged at 4.5, ARs would not have saved him.

MDGC0004-2.jpg

MDGC0111.jpg

Meat hunter, he is talking about a 1 buck rule period, no matter what season you shoot it in. Your percentage figure is off on how many guys shoot more than 1 a year. We did a poll just on here, and the percentage was higher, even if you cut in half for the overall of the state, it was higher than what you are putting out there. A 1 buck rule may also make many guys more selective on what they shoot, as alot of them use 1 tag for whatever walks by, and then trophy hunts with the other. Sorry, but ARs are not the best way to develop age structure, just the easiest and laziest way. Here are pics of a 1.5 year old from my neck of the woods. He was killed in 2011 and aged at 4.5, ARs would not have saved him.

And the least effective.

First I love that spot by the two apple trees. How many points does he have 3 or 4 on a side?

Do you have a PIC of him when he was harvested?

Tell me what WMU you’re in and I will see what the restriction needs to be in that area.

The numbers I am using on the two buck harvest are from the DEC and do not include illegal harvest. I would like to see the poll you did on the site-do you have a link?

You are right antler restrictions are the easiest way to develop age structure in the buck population. There are other ways but in NY ARs are very strongly supported by deer hunters according to DEC, Cornell, the NYS Conservation Council and other sportsmen surveys.

And Steve ARs are the most effective way to improve age structure. Proven fact.

OMG i think he has had a acct. here before lol

No I think that guy tried to delete his account but the site wouldn't let him because they need to show membership # to get sponsers.

And Steve ARs are the most effective way to improve age structure. Proven fact.

Yep - killing 1.5 and 2.5 6 or even 8 pt do a lot to improve age structure.

I am sure it is far more effective then not shooting young deer - oh wait, they are young deer.

No I think that guy tried to delete his account but the site wouldn't let him because they need to show membership # to get sponsers.

If you think for a second there is a reason forums do not delete accounts. Membership numbers have nada to do with advertising.

Sent from my DROID RAZR