Walking in the woods with your bow...

SteveNY

Do you walk around the woods with an arrow nocked?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you walk around the woods with an arrow nocked?

• No.
    • Yes.

How many of you walk through the woods with an arrow nocked?

Personally I dont. I keep my broadheads in my quiver until I am in stand or sitting. I have heard some people say they always walk with an arrow nocked tho.

So what do you do?

Yep, need a sometimes option. I don't generally but like WNY there are some places I routinely see deer so I make sure I am ready. I have also done a little spot and stalk a couple times. Didn't get a shot but it sure was fun!

Im with 5.9.... if its dark its in the quiver, any other time i got one knocked up and ready to fly. When u consistently shoot lung sized groups at 50yrds, ya gotta be ready for anything. And i think if you dont have one knocked it will only take one time for that bruiser to walk by you as u fumble to try and get one on and spook him off for you to change your way of thinking !

after the morning hunt ill have one nocked as i leave the woods and as i enter the woods for the afternoon hunt i always have one nocked i would guess that more then 50% of the time i see deer when im heading to my stand for the afternoon hunt monday afternoon i had a doe less then 30 yards away broadside feeding while i was walking to my stand she stayed around for a few minutes didnt even mind that i was there i finally had to spook her so i could get to my stand

I find carrying a bow to be very awkward in comparison to a gun. NO way will I walk with a knocked arrow. I walked up on a buck two years ago and had plenty of time to knock an arrow. Just way too easy to trip when walking in the woods and I don't think it would be very hard at all to get stabbed with that broadhead if you were to go down. I for one would feel a lot more safe walking with a loaded gun with the safety on in comparison.

• Like 2

As with the rest when it is dark never. When it is legal hours and safe walking yes. I have seen, stalked and shot deer on the way to my stand before. Not a lot, but I have and would hate to miss the oportunity. I always am moving slowly in the woods so I should not be falling!

I did this year while pig hunting had to move quickly to get to another spot to cut the pigs off. While doing so I took the arrow off the bow and started a quick walk and the broadhead touched the string. Let's just say the pigs got a free be that day. Now I'd on the move I have them in a quiver.