Jump to content

NYS Net Booner Typical...


WNY Bowhunter
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just put the finishing touches on this guy.  It would be a lot of work to haul him outside for a photo shot...he deserves better pictures than this but what a stud of a buck regardless. He grossed 173 5/8 and nets 170 1/8. This Schuyler County 6x6  was the #2 typical net bowkill in the state from 2020 behind the new state record Herbert buck from Long Island.

IMG_20220629_182047294.jpg

IMG_20220629_182646212_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220629_182717602.jpg

IMG_20220629_182821243_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220629_182923532.jpg

  • Like 32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Now that's a studddddd of a buck!!!this one came full circle,amazing work (as always!!!)

I didn't make the pedestal base. The guy who killed the deer was a former taxidermist and will finish the base himself too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, grampy said:

Not many Booners fall to hunters in NYS. It takes a special buck to make it. And a special taxidermist to do him justice. Justice was served. 

I appreciate the comment! I've got a forum member's buck on deck to be finished and sent home by next weekend hopefully....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 6:51 AM, WNY Bowhunter said:

I didn't make the pedestal base. The guy who killed the deer was a former taxidermist and will finish the base himself too.

It Means alot when a former taxi man chooses another Taxi to do some whitetail work him! And That mount is nothing short of amazing my man, and probably my favorite all around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

It Means alot when a former taxi man chooses another Taxi to do some whitetail work him! And That mount is nothing short of amazing my man, and probably my favorite all around 

This guy is by far the pickiest client that I've ever had! I have to admit that the McKenzie 6900 floor pedestal with the Ohio taxidermy replacement head turned out AWESOME. I'd have to say that it is probably my favorite deer mount that I've ever put together. It looks much better in person than what the pics of it convey...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 12:46 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

This guy is by far the pickiest client that I've ever had! I have to admit that the McKenzie 6900 floor pedestal with the Ohio taxidermy replacement head turned out AWESOME. I'd have to say that it is probably my favorite deer mount that I've ever put together. It looks much better in person than what the pics of it convey...

The only thing i don't like about the pedestals is the big bulge on the opposite side of the deer's neck below Jaw line. I know they have a huge muscle developed there, but it just seems extra large on every pedestal  I've seen.. Mine is the same way..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

The only thing i don't like about the pedestals is the big bulge on the opposite side of the deer's neck below Jaw line. I know they have a huge muscle developed there, but it just seems extra large on every pedestal  I've seen.. Mine is the same way..  

It's most prominent on these McKenzie /Dennis Behn forms. I actually rasped some of it off on this one at the customer's request.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...