Big deer taken on Long Island

First-light

This is the third NY buck 300 pounds or more I have seen pictures of. the first was years ago some idiot shoots the day before gun season Up around Fulton , NY. (lost his licence ,they took the deer) not too smart for bragging rights. The second was a potato and pumpkin raised L.I. deer seen trail camera pictures and a video of it ( it magicaly dissappered ) another was a 280 pound L.I. deer.Both L.I. deer had massive racks not the thin type antlers.

I'd love to score a spot on shelter island... Some monsters out there. I have some buddies who hunt there and I have seen some of the deer taken over there.

Geno, the 300 pound 10 pointer we saw was in the Westhampton area, No need to go out there. Unless you have a personal friend with property out there,I heard they do not welcome outsiders. 

just look at the size of the head on that thing compared to the body of the guy holding it.......................................................

it looks that way because of how the pic was taken. If you hold it out at arms length toward the camera, it will look huge.

No way its a 300lb deer. Pics of the scale or it isnt true.

never understand hiding your face. It's just a deer.

as people have mentioned in other threads, it's not hard sometimes to find where people hunt. There's a decent amount of people who could care less about posted property and will show up on your land.

On topic? there's no way that's a 300lb deer even undressed. Of course, the recent trend of picture taking is such that the horns and deer look larger than they are and it's hard to tell from the angel anyhow.