Coffee while hunting?

IronBucks

Coffee..Oh I love coffee...but not when hunting...one cup down means three out.. ;) not to handy when your a woman...but if I could it would be one of their 2 favorite smells...Vanilla or hazelnut...

Bottled water and I carry a small bottle of the concentrated energy drink to add to the water if I want...and expensive coffee hard candies that are made with real espresso...Oh they are good

• Like 1

Instead of coffee, I bring two bottles of chocolate milk with me.  Because they're yellow containers, I put them in black socks to be a little less conspicuous. (Like it really matters).

For instance, in a plastic bag I also carry a fully stick of Hormel pepperoni and some potato rolls. And I also bring a bottle of Mountain Dew which has enough caffein to keep you awake anyway.  That's what I use for bow hunting, and when I rifle there's enough assorted candies, yodels, junk food, but instead of coffee, I bring hot chicken broth.  (Like the deer can't smell that!!) But I should be able to get them at a greater distance anyway, so what the heck.

hot choc. if it's cold. always have water and gatorade/powerade also. Instead of building ground blinds buy a pop up blind. The one I use is an ameristep dog house blind. It cost around 40 -50 dollars and worth every penny. In 4 years I've gotten 2 bucks and a bear out of it. I've also had turkey so close I could spit on them. They set up fast and are easy to carry around.

i drink anything before i go into my stand that has a strong scent, also i tend to drink my coffee before i brush my teeth so 1) they dont stain 2) the smell comes out. and i usually drink water in my stand. A buddy i know drinks coffee in his stand and he doesnt have a problem with deer.

Coffee..Oh I love coffee...but not when hunting...one cup down means three out.. ;) not to handy when your a woman...but if I could it would be one of their 2 favorite smells...Vanilla or hazelnut...

Bottled water and I carry a small bottle of the concentrated energy drink to add to the water if I want...and expensive coffee hard candies that are made with real espresso...Oh they are good

wouldnt scented coffee be considered baiting : )

Was wondering what your opinions are on drinking coffee while hunting.  I usually hunt up in the air but I lost my camp last year and this is the first time in 15+ years I will be hunting from the ground.  I've got permission to hunt on a corn farm but the owner is skittish about tree stands.  I am really concerned about scent control...but I also want to stay awake out there!

I actually had a doe drink out of a Tim Hortons cup hiking in the woods once, i think they like it!

Are we about to start another upstate versus downstate argument?  :spiteful:  xD

If you fellas want to go at it, go right ahead.  I made my statement about the advantage to hunters who don't have teeth and didn't make any claims about where they were from.  Dental decay has NO boundaries as far as I'm concerned.  LOL

• 3 years later...

I've seen my father back in the day smoking a cigar walking into the woods and end up getting a decent buck, hunting is truly bizarre sometimes, we still laugh about that hunt to this day, I say drink your coffee and enjoy the time out there 

• Like 1