Gloves

Hunterny28

What do you guys use for gloves? I have a pair of insulated hunting gloves, they keep me warm but do not fit into the trigger. I have a lighter pair that works but my fingers freeze. I am looking for something that is water proof and would work with the trigger. how do those mittens with the fold backs work? any ideas would be appreciated. thanks 

For this type of weather I like the old fashioned orange or green wool gloves. When it gets really cold out I bring out my pair of Wiggys mittens / gloves .the thumb and the trigger finger have fingers the rest is a mitten.They keep my hands warm and my hands cannot take the cold.

I hunted this weekend with no gloves on.  If I did they were thin jersey material that I used during Bow season. The only reason I can do this is using a hand muff. I have had one for 6 years and it was the best money I have spent on hunting gear. I have never had cold hands using it and no bulky gloves. The one I have is neoprene so it is water proof.

• Like 5

scentblocker or underamour cold gear gloves (pretty much the same thing) for mild to cold weather 75% of the time.  once temps get freezing and colder I have thinsulate mittens that have a fingers cover that folds back over to expose your fingers and let you have more dexterity.

I use the wool 'fingerless' type gloves that have a flipping mitten section. The wool stays warm even if it gets wet, and I can have dexterity when I need it. When it is very cold, I wear a thinner pair of knit type gloves under this. That really seems to do the trick for me. The key is that my flipping mittens are a bit baggy on my hand so the thin, inner pair of gloves is not uncomfortable.

I have thought about muffs but the way I carry my gun it would be hard to pull off.

I use old flip back style mittens. They have glove fingers inside the mitten shell, and the trigger fingers and thumbs have slits for the digit to stick out of for easy use. I need to replace them as they are very worn and ratty. I rarely use them, but they are great for when it's really cold out.

Edited by JimR

I hunted this weekend with no gloves on.  If I did they were thin jersey material that I used during Bow season. The only reason I can do this is using a hand muff. I have had one for 6 years and it was the best money I have spent on hunting gear. I have never had cold hands using it and no bulky gloves. The one I have is neoprene so it is water proof.

This is what I use for cold weather bowhunting,when I need to shoot my hands are exposed for a couple minutes but worth it to be able to put a good kill shot where it needs to be.

Most of the time pockets do the job for me. If it gets down into the 20's I have some  old cloth gloves. Any colder than that and I have been known to use snowmobile gloves and just pull off the right one when its time to blow something flat.

Get a handmuff and a light pair of gloves and don't look back,best clothing investment I have made in the last few years!

I have a nice pair of gloves that I use late winter in addition to a muff.

I used my H&R Ultra Slug exclusively this season for the first time and one day wearing the gloves after hunting all day, I noticed the trigger guard was smallish on the shotgun. I tried to put my finger in there with the glove and no go. I couldn't have shot without taking the glove off.

I've moved to a medium weight waterproof glove that I keep in the muff more often now.

wool glove liners that i cut the three fingers off of for shooting my bow with fingers. other hand i keep a light glove on for holding my bow or no glove at all (rather no glove)

and a good muff with some hand warmers.

if im walking around i keep a hand warmers up near my knuckles on the back of my hand under the glove.

keeps my hand nice and warm. even my fingers.