Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

37 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Anyone use one of these ? First year using it yesterday and it worked great. Rechargeable hand warmer.

Headed out to hunt in about 15. Good luck alld7599d66cbb15c7822a6d98b45735a70.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Lovely, one more thing to charge.  

• Like 1

Anyone use one of these ? First year using it yesterday and it worked great. Rechargeable hand warmer.

Headed out to hunt in about 15. Good luck alld7599d66cbb15c7822a6d98b45735a70.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I dated a chick once who had a device that looked kind of like that… it certainly warmed her soul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

I tried sneaking around downwind, of the deer on the volleyball court, but I stumbled right into a big herd in the dark.  They were grouped in a little grass meadow, between the ridge and the sand volleyball court.  They all ran off, snorting and tails up in every direction.  There had to be at least 10.

I am in position now, at the base of the ridge, hoping to catch a straggler.   A cup of hot cider is in my drink holder.  Maybe that will draw in the bear, that has been stalking that herd of deer:  

991453D1-03FA-47E5-B3FD-C0225E1B18A6.thumb.jpeg.42e87f4e23bc8b1940544969c8d58ed5.jpeg

I have an opening stick of EverCalm on the other side. It’s 40 degrees this morning, up here in WMU 6C, and my last chance for a doe is today. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I tried sneaking around downwind, of the deer on the volleyball court, but I stumbled right into a big herd in the dark.  They were grouped in a little grass meadow, between the ridge and the sand volleyball court.  They all ran off, snorting and tails up in every direction.  There had to be at least 10.

I am in position now, at the base of the ridge, hoping to catch a straggler.   A cup of hot cider is in my drink holder.  Maybe that will draw in the bear, that has been stalking that herd of deer:  

991453D1-03FA-47E5-B3FD-C0225E1B18A6.thumb.jpeg.42e87f4e23bc8b1940544969c8d58ed5.jpeg

I have an opening stick of EverCalm on the other side. It’s 40 degrees this morning, up here in WMU 6C, and my last chance for a doe is today. 

We definitely hunt the Dacks very differently. I don't hunt any volleyball courts.

20221021_080127.thumb.jpg.236cab8823c35b6c82782aa94aa084ab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crisp clear morning very little wind . Neighbor passed on a fork and I’ve had two skippers , coyote got them stirred up ! I though a big buck was coming but neighbor said a coyote .

I’ve deployed the heated vest ! And drew back twice to keep shoulder loose

54CE3BA1-6376-4DA4-A6BF-B59C51C6F151.png

• Like 11

15 hours ago, phade said:

I’m in for the last hour - 90 min. Buddy wasn’t hunting so he was going to pick me up here in UTV since I’m on a field edge, hedge row funnel, at the corner of a block of timber. Def going to have deer in field at dark, so…I guess the pressure is on to shoot a target buck. He got stuck on a drive back home and is almost three hours away still. LOL. Otherwise I’ll be blowing this spot up bad getting down and out.

Happy to be out to clear my head. Been a long few days at work. Got headhunted after 15 years and got the formal offer letter and deal done. Was hoping to let my boss know before I left but he headed out early. I get to sit on it overnight. Going to be tough day tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll get a counter inquiry but I’m not going to consider it. It’ll result in me getting a few more days of stand time during rut. Maybe a week more. I’m nervous and I don’t typically get so in work scenarios. Where’s the deer?

I've gone through this a few times in my career and thankfully a lot of these big decisions happened during the fall or spring and there was nothing more valuable than sitting in the woods and pondering things over. I always felt that even if I wasn't directly thinking about it, my subconscious was. 

Just hit 2 years at my current company and role and I've never been happier. Good luck!

• Like 1