If you had to choose which state

CuseHunter

Which state would you choose to live in and why?

I'm just curious as eventually before I settle down I will come to face this question.

I love NY's seasonal change, and the hunting is pretty great. Yet with high cost of living, being taxed like a slave, anti-gun regulations, and harsh winters, I'll be looking to move elsewhere. So far I liked the sounds of WV or VA

Which state would you choose to live in and why? I'm just curious as eventually before I settle down I will come to face this question. I love NY's seasonal change, and the hunting is pretty great. Yet with high cost of living, being taxed like a slave, anti-gun regulations, and harsh winters, I'll be looking to move elsewhere. So far I liked the sounds of WV or VA

I have family with 1200 in WV and the hunting is awesome. VA is just a jump away so they hunt both states. For me it would be Ohio. Deer farming friendly,Sportsmen friendly with great hunting because of laws, Easy winters, Nice summers!

When you find out let me know..... Been trying to figure it out myself,we ll see where the kids end up. Sure we've looked at many states ,taxes,weather,health care and so forth all play into it ,but I till you live there for year or two who knows.

Frankly for me hunting ranks rather low,I can travel anywhere for a couple weeks a year and whack a few deer .

Nephew lives in Tenn. owns a very successful business,rank #8 in Inc. magazine for fastest growing business in US. He does very well in deer season and Bass fishing,taxes are good,weather seems nice and Nashville was in Time mag. For being one of the top cites to live in, job growth ,health care and a variety of things to do.

It's not all country music..... Although I like that too.

Ohio is probably the best of all worlds. Good fishing, good hunting, decent cities to find work in, not as harsh winter, not overbearing summers.

It'll never happen though. I think my wife is more in the thinking of holding things out here until we retire and then looking for an island. I actually am getting to like that idea.

AZ.. Warm weather.. Better gun laws.. Meaning you still have some freedoms left.

Only negative is all the draws for AZ. You might not get to hunt each year and if you do, it's like. 6-7 day season if you do get oicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife is hung up on New Hampshire.  I like it too but I'm just afraid that in 5-10 years it's going to become NY/Mass.  That and the taxes aren't that much different than here. 

As soon as I can swing it financially I want to take a couple weeks and head out West.  Check out South Dakota, Montana, Idaho and maybe Wyoming.  I've been to Tennessee and while it was nice, it was hotter than two mice screwing in a wool sock.

Missouri is nice , I went ten years ago to visit some friends who moved there. In the rural areas you don't need a pistol permit, just fill out the paperwork when it clears you bring home your handgun. I don't know about person to person gun sales , properety taxes are minor out there. Summers are hot, they time there outdoor activities to the cooler part of the day. They have snow and ice storms, it usually warms up quick and melts, good luck        :bye:

As a matter of fact, I do have a choice of which state to live in ..... A choice made every day. And here I am in good old NYS. There are all kinds of reasons for that choice, and some of them are simply because I don't feel like undergoing the hassle of moving. Other things are the comfort of familiarity. Family location is another one. It certainly is not the political climate here .... lol. But then that is just one small aspect of the choice. My entire lifestyle has been built around this place, and in this late stage of my life, it doesn't seem to make sense to uproot myself and start rebuilding what I've already got. This is where I have been for most of my life and it seems fitting to finish it off here.

Wife is hung up on New Hampshire.  I like it too but I'm just afraid that in 5-10 years it's going to become NY/Mass.  That and the taxes aren't that much different than here. 

As soon as I can swing it financially I want to take a couple weeks and head out West.  Check out South Dakota, Montana, Idaho and maybe Wyoming.  I've been to Tennessee and while it was nice, it was hotter than two mice screwing in a wool sock.

NH where I moved from NY in 1987

Great place to live southern NH is becoming Northern Mass but up here in the country it is great.

where I am if a house goes on the market & someone is looking at it that day becomes range time day we shoot all day long to let them know what they are in for before they buy.

Hard hunting up here though small deer population & mostly thick cover.

If Politics were different I probably would move back to NY to the Lakes region can't beat that country setting

Edited by gfdeputy2

For now I'm staying here, because this is where the job is.

Once my kids are done college, probably heading south, FL, GA, or AL, or Norfolk/Outer Banks area. All this is dependent on where the kids wind up, whether we wind up with grandkids, and health & situation of other family members.

Missouri is nice , I went ten years ago to visit some friends who moved there. In the rural areas you don't need a pistol permit, just fill out the paperwork when it clears you bring home your handgun. I don't know about person to person gun sales , properety taxes are minor out there. Summers are hot, they time there outdoor activities to the cooler part of the day. They have snow and ice storms, it usually warms up quick and melts, good luck :bye:
although Missouri may be nice I've sworn to myself after boot camp there during the summer two years ago when it was a drought and hotter than hell, I'd never set foot in that state again

I have a friend from the army who lives in Maine and he won't shut up about how he loves it. Same with another from N dakota

Our company is in a bid process right now and we will know in June what the deal is. Maine would allow us to be close enough to family for visits and far enough away from unwanted visitors lol. Really we could end up any where and be happy, time will tell.