philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

kielbasa from the butcher and periogies [potato dumpling]

had that last night at my moms, fantastic

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

I'm intrigued B-R-O! Homemade all around?

Nah. Fiancé got them from Whole Foods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Made lasagna tonight with homemade venison sweet Italian sausage....came out amazing

• Like 3

Homefries and eggs with spicy sausage from yesterday's doe. I'll do the heart tomorrow, but for some reason I just needed an egg fix tonight.

• Like 1

"It's fun to win elections." -- Bill Whittle

Pork roast, baked potato, canned corn :( and apple sauce.

Maybe a beer to wash it down............. :)

• Like 2

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Venison stew in the crock pot for 8 hrs. I used 4lbs of venison with carrots corn celery potatoes and a few small pieces of onion me and my brother in law ate the entire thing

• Like 1

Coho Salmon

• Like 2

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

No FAIR, Wooly..!!..

I started OUT second from the right..

Tonite I had venison chili with crusty french bread and BEER..!!

I'm using up last year's supply of deerburger...Got 2 pounds left and 60 pounds of fresh stuff in the freezer.

• Like 1

venison backstrap sliced thin,browned medium in frying pan then added to water, brown rice,mixed vegetables (frozen),carrots,squash,brocolli (frozen) 1 small can of sliced mushrooms,diced fresh onions,garlic powder,black pepper and whatever other seasoning you like in a stock pot, simmered 45 minutes. sprinkle grated cheese over a large bowl full and enjoy.Beer and cigar optional.

• Like 1

Despite our ever-changing,ever-indignant world with its growing ignorance of and indifference to the ways of the wild, I remain a predator, pitying those who revel in artificiality and synthetic success while regarding me and my kind as relics of a time and place no longer valued or understood.James

Leftover venison pot roast, carrots, mashed potatoes, lots of gravy. yum

• Like 1

A feather floated to earth. A hawk saw it, a bear smelled it, and a deer heard it hit the ground, but the coyote did all three - first.

We have the grandsons for an overnight and took them shopping for some stuff. Asked them where they wanted to eat they said, pizza hut.....yuck said I to myself. So just as we are getting done the owner came over to us and told us and every one else

to grab our coats and go outside as they just called the fire department. So as we go out the fire trucks are coming in and the grandsons thought that was just so cool. They put out a small electrical fire on the roof in one of the vent units. We went back in and got 50 percent off the bill and the boy are still talking about all the fire trucks and and how good the pizza was. Me...I got to go look for some tums.

• Like 3

Last night had friends over and  roasted up a wild turkey from this past Spring.  Served with some frozen veggies from the garden and a sausage and wild rice stuffing (cooked outside the bird).  The bird was well wrapped (no freezer burn, thankfully) and I gave him 6 days to defrost.  Used the Alton Brown method and he came out tender and juicy. 

Bird sewed up with apple and onions inside.

post-725-0-04188800-1425214031_thumb.jpg

After roasting.

post-725-0-24123100-1425214245_thumb.jpg

Edited by adkbuck
  • Like 3

NRA Life Member. NRA Golden Eagle. Hunt Hard, Shoot Straight and Live Your Life as if God Were Looking Over Your Shoulder!

Stuffed beef burgers.Stuffed with swiss cheese and smothered with mushroom gravy with more swiss on top/with a side of Camp fry's yum.Slice of red onion and lettuce

• Like 1

First backstrap of year was delicious

now THATS how to cook a backstrap!

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg