Live From The Woods 2023-2024 Edition

landtracdeerhunter

Went out this afternoon, more so for therapy.  Lost my dad, hunting partner, and best friend last Sunday to cancer.

Seen a nice doe broad side about 30 yards when I was approaching one of the spots he use to sit. Also found the makings of a waterfall, pretty cool.

This season will be different for sure. 

20231001_171904.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

5 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Went out this afternoon, more so for therapy.  Lost my dad, hunting partner, and best friend last Sunday to cancer.

Seen a nice doe broad side about 30 yards when I was approaching one of the spots he use to sit. Also found the makings of a waterfall, pretty cool.

20231001_171904.jpg

Sorry to hear of your dad’s passing.  Prayers sent.  

I lost my sister to cancer this year.  The sadness lessons a little every day and I know I will see her again someday.  It really feels like she’s still with me sometimes, when things fall into place, as if she’s up there helping somehow.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Sorry to hear of your dad’s passing.  Prayers sent.  

I lost my sister to cancer this year.  The sadness lessons a little every day and I know I will see her again someday.  It really feels like she’s still with me sometimes, when things fall into place, as if she’s up there helping somehow.   

His death is difficult for me, but one of his life long friends said it best, " he is a happy camper, he is with the lord"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

20231001_171904.jpg

Sorry for your loss and I know exactly what your going through, lost my dad, my best friend, my hunting partner 2 years ago. It's tuff,  think about him all the time. My son who me and my dad  mentored got his first deer on his first season hunting and my dad wasn't there to share, lost him a few months prior. When me and my son approached the downed deer we both cried like babies, without a word we both knew why we were so emotional.  I say all this because it's hard as hell, doesn't get easier, but keep pushing and continue to do the things you both loved to do!!! My prayers will be with you and your family.

• Like 1

Fawn losing her spots and her momma just trotted pst me at five yards. Her mouth open and grunting as she went past.  Momma stopped perfect broadside then walked past into the bushes. The leaves crunching as they came from behind me really got the ticker going. Lol

Edited by New York Hillbilly
Spelling.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

His death is difficult for me, but one of his life long friends said it best, " he is a happy camper, he is with the lord"

Knowing that for certain, definitely took out most of the “selfish” hurt from me after loosing one of my best hunting and fishing buddies on opening day of gun season (3) years ago.  

I know for certain that he is with The Lord Jesus now, because Luke 23:43 was the passage that I opened my “pack Bible” to at random up in my tree stand, right after I got the text of his passing. B5DE6CC1-9201-4E0A-898B-C616861C0A1F.thumb.jpeg.a10179610d028b0d3b93a087800e5fa2.jpeg

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Knowing that for certain, definitely took out most of the “selfish” hurt from me after loosing one of my best hunting and fishing buddies on opening day of gun season (3) years ago.  

I know for certain that he is with The Lord Jesus now, because Luke 23:43 was the passage that I opened my “pack Bible” to at random up in my tree stand, right after I got the text of his passing. B5DE6CC1-9201-4E0A-898B-C616861C0A1F.thumb.jpeg.a10179610d028b0d3b93a087800e5fa2.jpeg

Thank you, I needed this.

• Like 1

Evan and I went out glassing before dark tonight to get an idea of where we want to get setup for youth season this weekend. We had eyes on several bucks on the edge of the adjacent property to where we will be hunting, one of which was a very nice mainframe 10. Looked to be at least 4.5, possibly older. If he goes through the same area this weekend, Evan may have a crack at him. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Evan and I went out glassing before dark tonight to get an idea of where we want to get setup for youth season this weekend. We had eyes on several bucks on the edge of the adjacent property to where we will be hunting, one of which was a very nice mainframe 10. Looked to be at least 4.5, possibly older. If he goes through the same area this weekend, Evan may have a crack at him. 

We have three youth hunters this weekend. Hopefully one of them scores! Good luck!

• Like 6