Getting Discouraged

WingNut

I have not seen a single deer.  I think I was busted a week or so ago getting to my stand, but that is all.

I have a ton of pics on the trail cam, oddly best bucks I've ever.  Same as last season, they just don't seem to move

during daylight hours. Bummer!!!

it was the same here but yesterday I had deer each sit and a couple of big boys...yes, moving before open and after days close...BUT very close...so hang in...I even had a small 8 well within shooting distance at 8:15 yesterday....Good Luck

I just wish I could get the doe to cooperate 28 in the feilds before they were sprayed down now I'm lucky to see the same doe and fawns...

For the most part,October has been a bit on the warm side,curbing the daytime movement. With the rut coming and sharply colder temps. Anything could happen at anytime just about anywhere! Ya just got to be out there and trust in your best set-ups.

I'm having the same bad luck.  Other than seeing a yearling doe at the bird feeder on the way back to my house a couple weekends ago I have seen squat.  Jumped three in the dark on two separate occasions but that is it.  What makes it more frustrating is that I have 14 different deer on camera on one of my little clover plots.  One pic had 8 does and 1 spike at one time in the field and 5 different bucks that I have gotten on cam beside those. 

I think since they started the season opener on October 1 we all get gung ho and get out there right away and end up seeing nada and being discouraged.   I'm holding off until November 6,7,8,9, (after my previous hunt of Oct 17, 18, 19)  when I will be in the woods dawn to dusk.

Got to hang in there, a sit all day soon enough can lead to a minute of heart pounding adrenaline  action and a nice buck on the  ground.      

It got too windy for me on Sunday for using a bow so I packed up and went back out looking for other game with the shotgun - nothing.

Saw 5 deer laying in someone's backyard and 15 or so turkeys in a construction site on the way home.  It does get discouraging at times.

Keep an eye out for buck rubs when you move about to plan for next hunt's set up.  Pick another point in the rub line.  I tried hanging out near a small stream that appears to be drinking source (some tracks near by), but nothing came by - could be taking a drinking at night there.

One hunt I was on during gun season we had nothing moving around but squirrels, we decide to call it and dropped the stands around 10:30-11:00.  Same leaf rustle sounds on other side of a brush line after the stand was dropped and packed up.  Dad said take look just in case.  Six deer popped up as I neared the break in the brush.  Of course since we just dropped the stands, I frantically had to reloaded.  You just never know when they may appear.

Thanks all!

The only thing i have not done yet is a mid day sit (10 am - 3pm) for example. Its been to warm in my opinion.

The only fear i have is getting "Burned Out" way to early. Im just excited to get out there and i know it will pick up.... I think all the trail cam pics are just add to my frustration. Five different bucks three "shooter" bucks.

• Like 1