The true first sign of spring...

growalot

The skunks are definitely late for their breeding around here.  We usually first smell them around the third week of February, right around my son's birthday. 

One year the dog got sprayed a week before his party and then ran into the house.............holy kielbasa!  Some HD cleaning of carpets and furniture then a ton of ozone work got things back to normal for the party. 

Boy do I get nervous this time of year when we let the dog out at night.....................................

• Like 1

The ice going out on the St Regis is the 1st sure sign of spring here. If we get heavy rains it breaks it free from the shore & it goes out en-mass. It sounds like distant thunder. Only got to witness it 1 time in the spring of '99. I often hear it at night though.

Here are the conditions today. Still locked up but that's the 1st I've seen water/slush on top.

Ice%203-10-15_zpskhqjba0z.jpg

Our drive is finally clear...but I tried a walk ...no, still to the knees...did manage to maneuver my way around the boat to clean off the snow and ice  off the cover...it's reall beautif out but there are 2 seperate layers of ice in the snow now as it packs down melting. It's 49.3 here but no sun as with yesterday. Calling for rain and fog tonight...

Edited by growalot

I icefished on Keuka today...First time I have ever caught lake trout through the ice...

On the way home, going south along Waneta and Lamoka lakes and Bradford Pond, we saw flock after flock of robins...Dozens of them...

• Like 2

I icefished on Keuka today...First time I have ever caught lake trout through the ice...

On the way home, going south along Waneta and Lamoka lakes and Bradford Pond, we saw flock after flock of robins...Dozens of them...

A buddy from college has been killing them thru the ice on Keuka for a few weeks now....every weekend has some nice pics of the days catch

The milf's at the gym are working extra hard and the yoga pants are giving way to skin tight short shorts. I dropped ten pounds myself due to going to the gym more and watching I mean working out longer.....

• Like 1