camp rule

Paula

Nope, have 4 rules,

1. no shooting anything standing on the lawn,

2. No complaining if someone shoots something bigger than you as we have no restrictions on size you have made a choice so live with it,

3. There is no frying of bologna or liver inside the cabin. ( long story but it s makes a big everlasting stink that penatrate everything)

4. You may hunt out of the hottub if yourage 65

• Like 5

When I was in a hunt club in VA, there were 4,300 acres leased to the club long-term from the paper companies. 42 members. Let me tell you, I've never seen so many rules in my life. There was more drama in that club about the rules themselves than the actual drama between the guys.

I think the best way to handle club rules is to just have a sitdown from the get-go and agree to terms, and keep it to as few rules as possible so people don't lose focus on just having fun and hunting.

If the management plan itself calls for earn a buck, and everyone is on the same page, then it is what it is.

• Like 2

Your hunting someone else's land and they have a rule that you must shoot a die before taking a buck. And your questioning this rule, How ungrateful. Hope a member of your new hunting buddies reads your post.. If they do, wouldn't be surprised to find you researching a new place to hunt. But hey, there is always state land

Many hunters in the DMP areas that now only allow taking off does for the first 15 days have found out how important it is to take does and reporting their kills. If you have a problem with their rules decline the offer to hunt their land.

Your hunting someone else's land and they have a rule that you must shoot a die before taking a buck. And your questioning this rule, How ungrateful. Hope a member of your new hunting buddies reads your post.. If they do, wouldn't be surprised to find you researching a new place to hunt. But hey, there is always state land

Many hunters in the DMP areas that now only allow taking off does for the first 15 days have found out how important it is to take does and reporting their kills. If you have a problem with their rules decline the offer to hunt their land.

Six posts on this site, and that's how you want to start treating forum members? It wouldn't have been my choice, but I'm interested to see how it works out for you.

• Like 6

Didn't seem like he was questioning the rule. If you read it he asks who else has a rule like that.

• Like 1

A friend of mine ran an elk camp in Colorado for many years...

It was a tent camp and they always dug and set up a latrine...In the latrine was a jar of Noxema...

The only rule in camp was " No double dipping in the Noxema jar"....

I am not question the rule and respect that it's not my land so I will follow what ever is said. I questioned if anyone else had that rule, I was thinking for conversation.

camp rules

# 1 no summer work weekends no hunt

#2  shoot a doe  say good bye your done

#3  shoot a spike say good bye your done

#4 no messing around with any guns after sunset 

and  are left on porch and are always kept loaded

everything else is good to go

camp rules

# 1 no summer work weekends no hunt

#2  shoot a doe  say good bye your done

#3  shoot a spike say good bye your done

#4 no messing around with any guns after sunset 

and  are left on porch and are always kept loaded

everything else is good to go

#4 has me kind of baffled.......loaded guns left outside unattended?