Warmest Season ever

the blur

I'm done, and happy it's over. As far back as I remember, it has never been so warm for the entire season. I didn't even need my heavy weight boots, or gear. I removed the inner liner from my parka. Yesterday as lunch time, I was drenched in sweat. Had to strip down one layer and dry out.

I only saw deer on opening day. After that, I saw nothing.

And no snow at all. I don't even remember the ground being frozen over once....

• Like 1

I agree this years weather was fantastic ! I stayed warm ,dry and clean ! Never had to dry out clothes after coming home, car stayed clean, could hunt in jeans and a sweatshirt.

The numbers taken off the farm are back up to 40 ish, my friends in Macedon and Bristol all took nice bucks and some doubling up on them.

My windows are open and I'm wearing shorts on Dec.14!!! We are still deciding on moving down south year round or just buy a winter place, it's nice to get a taste of a warm winter .

My folks would go down after Thankagiving, with this weather they could have stayed through Christmas .

Edited by Larry302

No state income tax in Florida

Or Tennessee and they don't tax my pension either . My nephew in Tenn. pays 2k in property taxes, his mom, my sister pays 20k on a smaller home here in NY. Plus the deer hunting is really good there, although that's not a big factor for me.

• Like 1

It was nice wearing less layers, only use foot warmers on the day the high was about forty and shooting time started at a warm 26.

Downside was more mountain bikers and a few hikers ignoring the gun season ban on the parcel I have been hunting.  Deer gun season is limited to just hunters to prevent hunting accidents. The rest of the year it is shared by everyone.

Then there is the 6 people on quads that trespassed on to the state land yesterday afternoon.  Beating on trees and driving thru the area I was hunting near a buck rub and 6 game trails.

They drove between me and another hunter.(both of us in orange hats and vests).

That was 2:30 to 3:00, Ended my hunt and a few others hunting near-by.  We didn't want to be responsible if something happened their for stupidity and illegal activity.

I have never really hunted in the southern states but if this is the way it is every season they can keep it.As far as the heating/fuel bill this has been great weather and I too will and have been able to get much needed yard/house work done.

No state income tax in Florida

Florida will have an average temp of 100 soon or be underwater!

It's supposed to be 60 on Christmas Day here jeesh!

It should be an easy year for the deer though which is good! I just wished I hadn't put up the boat for the winter!

Florida will have an average temp of 100 soon or be underwater!

It's supposed to be 60 on Christmas Day here jeesh!

It should be an easy year for the deer though which is good! I just wished I hadn't put up the boat for the winter!

No place is perfect, temp wise yes, being underwater not so good considering I don't know how to swim lol

The winter is still early. This wouldn't be the first winter that people have been weeping about not having their white Christmas. As I recall, most of those other brown Christmases eventually made up for the warm temperatures and the lack of snow (and then some).

The ten day forecast has 57 c092d0f5a34d3d4d59bf12d93985a423.jpgat the end, I don't care how bad it gets after that it'll still be a short Winter. All the plow guys who honored their contracts last year are being rewarded this year! I'm guessing we will see a whole bunch of snowmobiles for sale this Spring

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 1

Gotta say that even if it snows to beat the band,after Christmas or New Years, it will seem to be a much shorter winter. The years where we have snow on the ground from late October or early November seem endless. I do enjoy snowshoeing and icefishing, but no complaints from me, about the weather so far this year!