Why do people like lakes so much?

Rockspek

Why do people like lakes so much?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Because riding wave runners and water skiing and wakeboarding and tubing are all fun activities and also fishing can't forget that. But other than those reasons lakes are painfully ugly, loud, smelly, and overall pointless

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Well it seems we're close to each other , here's a shot of me on Candandaigua lake.

We own land in the town, wife's family was one of the first non Indian families in the area .

Funny your location says "not near you"  Well hunting location.  Small world.  Probably cruised past you on the boat before.

There is something relaxing and peaceful about any body of water. Ocean, lake, river or anything like that has a calming effect. And then there is lure of the unseen. Those giant scaley creatures under water that have always been something that any fisherman thinks about when sees water.

For me, there is also a childhood memory comes to mind when I see lakes, of haying season, and how Dad would take us all over for a hot fudge sundae and then a swim at Sandy Bottom on Honeoye Lake when we finally had the hay all in. Great way to get loose of all that chaff that went down the back.

• Like 1

Funny your location says "not near you" Well hunting location. Small world. Probably cruised past you on the boat before.

My boats on the Bay as I live in Webster. Our friends have one of the boathouses on Cand. That's their boat in pic.

My brother in law also lives in one of the townhouses on the North end.

I hunt not far from he old Creekside gun shop.

My boats on the Bay as I live in Webster. Our friends have one of the boathouses on Cand. That's their boat in pic.

My brother in law also lives in one of the townhouses on the North end.

I hunt not far from he old Creekside gun shop.

I know a few owners of boathouses up there.  Maybe I know your friend.

• Like 1

The best time on a small mountain lake is sunrise in May.   It is incredibly peaceful fishing then, especially without a noisy outboard, just using the oars of a rowboat, or paddle on a canoe or a kayak.   I especially like watching and listening to the beavers play on the water at that time, and the turkeys gobbling up on the surrounding hilltops.   After the sun gets higher, the wind picks up, and the other folks get out on the water, the attraction fades quite a bit.        

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

I grew up with a lake within a short bike ride. Got hunting property by a lake. Tow the bass boat to many different lakes. Kissed my wife for the very first time by a lake. Some of my ashes will be scattered in a lake. Guess you could say, lakes have been and always will be, a part of who I am.

• Like 4

Grew up on Canandaigua now live in olean....other than parents and sister the lake is only thing I miss from up there....down here they call cuba lake a lake lol....or case lake even worse

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I used to call on Olean Wholesale, I'd make my appointments in the morning and fish my way home. I'd practically make the calls in my waders
  • Like 1