If You Don't Have One Of These, Get One..........

Lawdwaz

The title of the thread is my opinion and that of a few friends.

I got this Speedy Stitcher in 1989 as a Christmas gift.  It was recommended by friend.........

The other day the winch strap on my boat trailer busted while cranking the boat in.  I bought a new one today at Cabela's and it was about 4' too long.  By "too long" I mean that it filled the spool on the winch before I got to the hook.  I pulled it back off and compared it to the junk one and noted that it was too long.  I cut the strap to the correct length and stitched it up like it needed to be.  A bolt goes through it when putting it on the spool and then you just crank it in.

My Speedy Stitcher has gotten me out of quite a few jambs over the years.   I might not use it every year but when I need it, it's handy as hell to have.  My turkey vest would have been chicken chow mien years ago without it. :)

I think it's one of those things every hunter/fisherman/outdoors man needs and should fit all budgets.

image_zpsf3sslnqu.jpeg

image_zpswckt9sq5.jpeg

• Like 5

I've been using an old 'C' needle and a spool of waxed sailmakers thread to repair stuff since the 1960's.

Shoes, belts, holsters, upholstery, work pants, tool belts,  and even a couple of favored beer coozies. Duct tape only goes just so far until you start to get strange looks..

• Like 2

Might come in handy to repair my pop -up blind that the bear re-engineered for me this spring.

Thanks for the tip, Larry !   I can think of several jobs where it would have come in handy over the years.

• Like 1

I have 2 of them 1 is proberly the original that my mom had and one that I bought 50 years ago , I made or repaired so many things in that time it would fill a page or two to list the , such as arrow quivers from deer hides to repairing load binder straps. A very handy thing to have around.

• Like 1

I may take you up on that Larry. I checked online and found some on Ebay for around $12 with ship. Also saw one listed at Harbor freight for $5 but, well you know my thoughts on HF crap. Probably order 1 on ebay just to have with on camping trips. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...