LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

I have a tree stand 325 yards from my house. Have set in it four or five times and not seen a thing. 25 mph winds, rain, & fog. Look out across the field and see a doe and a big bodied four point @ 8:45. The four point walks to within 15-20 yards of my tree stand.  They didn't stay out long before ducking back into the cedars. I thought they might be moving this afternoon but as usual....in the wrong place at the wrong time!!

Will do...

So Mr B said he checked the couch...well we keep a cover on the couch because Angel likes to sneak up on it at night or when we are gone..she sheds a whole dog every day I swear to it!...She is also very particular about her snacks...She doesn't like when we run out and she is given the boys Milk bones...I find them tucked away everyplace...and it's a hoot when our daughter visits with her chocolate lab mix...She spends an hour on search and recovery..Anyways I checked the couch..I took everything off then stepped down on springs and reached into couch. Really!! It has a cover and several pillows on it.....I found another after this picture!...lol looks like I need to vacuum couch more than once a week.

IMG_1939.JPG

• Like 1

I am taking the chance with the rain here to stack my leftover firewood in my basement close to the furnace,then it is high time to fill the basement with new firewood to get me through the winter. If the rain lets up this afternoon I will have to go and sit by a scrape line somewhere. Somebody will be out to freshen it I am sure.

Hoping to do an all day sit tomorrow,I want to see the slob I have some nighttime pics of in the daylight...

• Like 1

NEED TO STAY FOCUSED ONE MORE DAY!  Good luck out there folks. 

2 for me, till Saturday. All I'm thinking about is a nice buck coming from my left or my right, where does he run after the xbow blows thru him, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Grow, I once lost my car keys on a sandy beach on the island of Malta. The wind was whipping up everything into dunes. Once I realized the keys were lost I asked my Angel to help me locate 'em. It was a rental. So, for some reason I was inspired to look where I looked and I just came across the red colored tip of the plastic key-chain poking out, just before the whole thing was about to covered in sand dune by the wind. 1 or 2 more minutes would have been too late.

Edited by Papist

So here is the stand setup where the whole adventure began. It was designed to hunt the far side of the tree, where a large community scrape is situated. But all the action happened on the open side. I felt very naked at the time, but deer hormones blinded my Buck to everything but the doe.

I had almost hinge cut a couple of trees to give me forward cover. Had I done this, I would not have had a shot.

2016_stand.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Used the rainy morning as an opportunity to get all the camo washed (again!). Pot of chicken stock brewing on the stove too. That'll hit the spot after those long cold days on stand!

Im doing a total reset today too. Three solid days in a stand starting tomorrow. The season starts...NOW!

• Like 4

Just stepped through the door...went and got cards before even going down the drive...tire and oil change done...grabbing a bit of protein ,showering and headed out...

Zero on cards except...yesterdays mail truck...lol and one 6 point at 11:30 ..when tires and oil were being done...I got my ML tag...when that go to 15.00? I swear last one I got was 10.00 two years ago...anyways checking wind and Hey a 3ft diameter scrap right under the yellow apple tree that's dropping apples, first ever...I have a stand 12 yards from it and with great wind in nearly all directions but directly behind me...Good luck guys...

PICT0024 (2).JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Papist said:

So here is the stand setup where the whole adventure began. It was designed to hunt the far side of the tree, where a large community scrape is situated. But all the action happened on the open side. I felt very naked at the time, but deer hormones blinded my Buck to everything but the doe.

I had almost hinge cut a couple of trees to give me forward cover. Had I done this, I would not have had a shot.

2016_stand.jpg

little late to the party.  a lot going on.  heck of a recovery.  glad you found the buck.

38 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

aebdaaa8289712598023a1d73e2729a4.jpg
Should have been out....had this gal stroll by at 25 yards mid-day. Nothing like getting a cell cam oic while at work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm sitting in the office with a cut up bow hand.  the struggle is real.  I feel ya.  if I had cell cams I'd never get any work done though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

aebdaaa8289712598023a1d73e2729a4.jpg
Should have been out....had this gal stroll by at 25 yards mid-day. Nothing like getting a cell cam oic while at work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I miss those text messages,my scout guard stopped sending me texts.