Who is hunting Thanksgiving morning?

Deerstalker

I am hoping too. Depends on how much ice we get in my area. I am surrounded by mountains, and even though I may be able to drive to my spot I have for the morning, doesn't mean I will be able to hike a 45 degree mountain side coated with sleet or ice. I might make the treck to TP or BCM, but I have limited time go the AM.

• Like 1

Was either last thanksgiving or year before i went out for afternoon sit.full as heck and ready for a nap so i sat on the ground in an old chevy pickup truck bench seat we had sitting in the patch of pines ive hunted all this season.sure enough i was zzzzz'in away.wouldnt u know i had a fat doe 40 yards infront of me.i woke up and spooked her.no joke.will never forget it.what a fool haha

• Like 1

I will get out at home for a couple hours, while my wife packs the van, before we head up to her folks place in the Adirondacks for the long weekend.   I would like to save my buck tag for hunting up there, so it will have to be a pretty big one if I fill it here.  It would be nice to leave one hanging, hide-on in the garage, because the temperatures look nearly perfect for that over the next week.   I don't think we will get up there in time for an afternoon hunt on Thanksgiving day.   Many years ago, I killed my largest antlered buck at home on Thanksgiving morning.   Just two years ago, I killed my heaviest one up at their Adirondack camp, a day or two after Thanksgiving.   Hopefully, history will repeat in one place or the other this year.  Even if it does not, I still could not be more thankful for the record amount of venison the Good Lord has already blessed us with this season. Good luck to all you folks who are hunting tomorrow and stay safe while hunting and traveling.      

not me, I am always torn on this because I have hockey with old friends every Thanksgiving morning but I haven't gotten a deer yet!  The forecast of rain made the decision for me. Hockey it is. I'll hit it hard Friday- Sunday. Good luck to all and enjoy. Give thanks for family and friends!