Eagles

alloutdoors

That's a nice female. Do they nest in your area?

I'll bite, what makes you think it's a female? Aside from the females tending to be larger I've never seen a credible source claim that you can visually distinguish between the two. Size isn't going to help with an eagle out in the wild unless you are looking at a mated pair together.
  • Like 1

There is no gray or black above the eye of a mature bald eagle. What I think you are looking at is the shadow of the brow, which is going to look lighter or darker depending on the lighting conditions.

Even if there was a varying patch of gray or black you couldn't just declare that it's sex specific without capturing a number of birds to conclusively determine the sex and compare that against the color. That's how science works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Spectacular photographs!!  Just amazing.  I went to your website, thinking I might purchase one of the eagles.  The loons and wood ducks are absolutely beautiful (and prices very reasonable).  But I didn't see the eagles?  Will you be offering any prints of those for sale?  

Spectacular photographs!!  Just amazing.  I went to your website, thinking I might purchase one of the eagles.  The loons and wood ducks are absolutely beautiful (and prices very reasonable).  But I didn't see the eagles?  Will you be offering any prints of those for sale?  

Thanks! Yes, the eagles will be going up soon. I haven't actually even finished going through all the photos from the trip yet. I'm hoping to have some time over Christmas because I'm planning on making some changes to the entire sales side of the site, I can offer true fine art prints as well as prints on canvas, metal, acrylic, etc. but those options aren't currently represented on the site.

For the time being, I do have a few more eagle photos posted to my Facebook page that you can check out. facebook.com/shadowhillsphoto
  • Like 1

Great pictures! Whats your camera setup? I have a nice Cannon DSLR that beyond the basic settings have no idea how to properly use. 

If you dig through some of my older threads on here you can find some pictures I've posted before of my rig. Or look here: http://www.shadowhillsphoto.com/about/

Most of the photos I posted here were taken with a Canon 1DX and 600mm f4 IS II plus 1.4x III teleconverter. A couple were taken with the 7D Mark II and the same lens combo.