You Get A Flu Shot?

Lawdwaz

All I've heard on TV and other sources about the flu right now has me thinking about a flu shot.  I've probably got the flu shot 7 out of the last 10 years I guess.

My FIL is in a local assisted living facility (just shy of four weeks now) and it's like;ly he'll be there for quite sometime.  There's enough possibility there, believe me. 

On the local TV tonight they are talking about the 4 people that have died in NYS this year.  Sounds like a bad deal..........

Thoughts??

They discuss this on local radio every season, the same doctor comes on to sell the idea of getting a shot, while at the same time admitting the chances of nailing the current seasons virus is slim. A family member in the medical business (and it is a business) said the average flu shot has likely been sat on a self somewhere for several years. The chances of it being effective are close to zero. The flu virus is one of the most mutagenic of virus'. This means any small deviation via mutation makes all shots worthless. And then there is all the vaccine fillers some folk are connecting to neurological damage such as Alzheimer's...

CDC admits flu vaccines don't work (which is why you need a new one every year)

http://www.naturalnews.com/032558_flu_shots_wear_off.html 

As a person that got the flu and walking pneumonia on a regular basis yes I got a flu shot...I don't know for sure..but could probably find out, once you have had the flu your prone to be revisited. Now that said, I do know that once you have had walking pneumonia your prone to having it again. 

I've had problems from a very young age with such infections born to a smoker,lived in a house of smokers then became a bar tender(like smoking a pack a night back then)...lung issues are nothing to fool with so better safe than sorry for I was hospitalized twice not being able to breath...once at 9 and then when the kids were little. I collapsed in the Dr.'s office and he called the ambulance when I turned blue. Better safe than sorry

9 minutes ago, growalot said:

Better safe than sorry

I agree, but talking a shot that probably doesn't work based on the science is not 'better'. Better would be acknowledging one has propensities to illness and then taking active measures to boost ones immunity as a matter of course on a daily basis - good nutrition, exercise and supplements. The new thing in cancer treatment these days is immunological therapy. This means boosting a persons natural immunity to help fight cancer. Imagine that, actually using/bolstering our natural immunity (which is generally very efficient)  to fight illness. It took them long enough to figure this out

The last dozen years or so I have been getting a flu shot and have not had a case of the flu. Last year's flu shot early on was said not to be effective against the strain going around so I passed and don't you know I caught the flu and was sicker than a dog. It is recommended that old goats like me get the shot and this year there was no screwing around, I got mine early and so far so good.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

Here is a quote from the CDC. Pretty much easy to figure out. 

"Certain people are at higher risk of complications from the flu, so it's especially important that these people (and people who live with them) get vaccinated. They include:

• pregnant women
  • kids younger than age 5
  • people age 65 and older
  • people of any age who have long-term health conditions"

12 minutes ago, skully said:

Got the flu shot about 20 yrs ago and the next day I had the flu.  Never again for me.

Popular myth. 

1. MYTH: You can catch the flu from the vaccine.

The vaccine is made from an inactivated virus that can't transmit infection. So people who get sick after receiving a flu vaccination were going to get sick anyway. It takes a week or two to get protection from the vaccine. But people assume that because they got sick after getting the vaccine, the shot caused their illness.

• Like 2

Got the shot in December. Got the flu, the end of January. Being diabetic, my Dr. "highly" recommends, the flu shot each year and the pneumonia shot every three years. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. As over the years, I have had both. So I asked him why bother with the shots. He told me without the shots, my chances were good I'd come down with both "every" year. And that the years when I got the flu, there is the possibility it was a different strain than the one I was immunized for. I'm beginning to think it's all a bunch of hooey! One thing for sure, no one gets out of this world alive........

• Like 3

Never got the shot, never will. Also, never had the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait till you have kids....You will be sicker than you have ever been in your life! They are full or germs and spread everything they have to Mom and Dad!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wait till you have kids....You will be sicker than you have ever been in your life! They are full or germs and spread everything they have to Mom and Dad!

Idk. I've always had a great immune system. My wife, on the other hand, is always sick. I think I bring crap home from riding the train everyday. I don't get it but then she gets sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was knocked out with a stomach virus a few weeks back....Got it from from youngest...My wife tells me a few days later I have never seen you that sick in the 9 years I have known you....I replyed...No CRAP...We didn't have kids to get me sick as hell until 2 years ago!