Even In The Country, Laziness Makes Me Laugh

DirtTime

My neighbor cracks me up! He's late 20's early 30's if I remember right. Has a son about 12. Thursday, he paid one of the young ladies in the park to shovel for him, and tonight, he has people shoveling for him. WTF? I have a really bad back and I still get $#! done. I might have to do a few trips out to get it done, but I get it done. What sort of person that age with no disabilities and a perfectly healthy son pays someone to shover for them? LOL! Maybe he should outsource and only pay 1/3 the going price for snow removal by hand. LOL

Only in America! I bet he voted for Hillery, if he voted at all. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 4

I've been out twice so far shoveling and snowblowing. Having my 12 and 14 year old grandsons helping, made grampy's work so much easier! I'm still kinda recovering from a compression fracture in my back, since last October. But I'm still working, doing chores, here and the farm and helping whoever and whenever needed. The boys saw me getting ready to go out and just followed me. Some people always need things done for them, because they were never taught to do for themselves. My grandsons will be fine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ....rob said:

My neighbor cracks me up! He's late 20's early 30's if I remember right. Has a son about 12. Thursday, he paid one of the young ladies in the park to shovel for him, and tonight, he has people shoveling for him. WTF? I have a really bad back and I still get $#! done. I might have to do a few trips out to get it done, but I get it done. What sort of person that age with no disabilities and a perfectly healthy son pays someone to shover for them? LOL! Maybe he should outsource and only pay 1/3 the going price for snow removal by hand. LOL

Only in America! I bet he voted for Hillery, if he voted at all. 

He probably also received a Trophy just for playing sports !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, growalot said:

Probably getting  disability checks ...and doesn't want to actually get caught...His son is just probably in training for the rest of us to be paying his future checks....

If he's disabled, it's not physical, it would have to be mental. Sorry, I know I shouldn't say that, but after talking to him a few times........ Claims to be some kind of DeeJay down in the City and makes $2.500 a week. But, he rarely goes anywhere. LOL

Anyway, I just don't get it. He's not the only one that makes me laugh, but he sure is in the top three. LOL

My neighbor wasn't outwardly disabled either . But due to back issues from truck driving /delivery he was getting checks and not Woking in his 40's. Another woman  arthritis in her back..disabled in her 20's. Receiving checks....didn't stop either climbing ladders,hunting,mowing,hiking,working in the yard,shoveling..

Doing everything, just being careful of who was seeing it. Happens all the time...she did inherits the arthritis from her Dad,but he taught her how to play the system..Got a lawyer and went after SS..then went on to have a couple of kids to boot. I mentioned having kids as well..because she told me Dr.'s said she couldn't...you may have to be a woman to understand what that does to one's back...Any ways reasons for my comment.

Edited by growalot

I am at the age where if I stop moving ..... I will "stop moving". Yeah it's a struggle, but I'm still a cheap bast*$d, and refuse to pay someone for something I can still do myself. That includes digging and chopping out about a dozen stumps last year, and hand clearing a new huge area of yard and burning up 10 huge brush piles. I'm a mean critter on the end of an axe or brush-hook ..... lol. But anyway, the message is that if you like spending time on the right side of the grass, physical activity is where it's at. People can cheat and avoid all the activity they want, but it won't be too many years before their activity level will no longer be optional for them. Use it or lose it! I've seen it too many times.

• Like 6

I thought I was lazy for buying a snowblower ,the first year it was cool . I rarely use it now except for when the plow fills the end of the driveway,  it takes about the same time as shoveling the driveway if you get one of those good pusher shovels.

• Like 1

On occasion, I have seen a TV commercial with people touting the services they could call or dial up with stuff needing to be done on their property. Stuff like mowing the lawn or trimming hedges, cleaning the pool......easy stuff that some people feel they cannot or will not do with their "busy" lives. Just doesn't add up for me when people make a commitment to a property but farm out basic maintenance. Must be nice to have deep pockets I guess.

• Like 1

I use to clean the neighbors yard while his 5 kids(3 boys in their teens) watched me run the snowblower out of the window. After a few times I figured out who the fool was!(slow learner I guess lol)  I also have a 28yr. old nephew who has never cut a blade of grass or shoveled a flake of snow!

In the country or in the city, or burbs. Laziness has no boundaries, for those who are lazy. I'm too busy to worry about what others are doing. But as a society, I see more and more people, depending on someone else to get things done.

• Like 3