Best deer from last year's cams...score?

DanielT

1 hour ago, beachpeaz said:

Hard to tell off of B&W trail camera pic.

Inside - 20"

Main Beam - 22" (44)

G1's - 3" (6)

G2's - 6" (12)

G3's - 8" (16)

G4's - 4" (8)

Average Mass - 16" (32)

Gross - 138" (give or take 4")

I think you're a little high... based on 6" ears

spread 18"

beams 22 (44)

g1 - 2 (4)

g2 - 5 (10)

g3 - 7(14)

g4 - 3 (6)

Mass 14" (28)

• Like 2

You could be right.  It is an educated guess (I'd bet you a beer that I am closer than you though).  Camera pictures are SUPER deceiving.  One thing I know is they underestimate mass.  I have pictures of deer I have shot and surprised that they score higher than they look. 

He is short tined, I will agree with you on that.  His width, he looks eerily similar to the deer I shot this year and he was 20" inside and 24.5" main beams.  I wouldn't discount those 3 scores any more than I did.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

That's a stud!

What sucks is I made it to that stand in the pic shortly after that pic was taken. He came back an hour later but like I said, no closer than 100 yds at that time. If only I was 30 mins earlier...

Edited by Steuben Jerry

15 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

What sucks is I made it to that stand in the pic shortly after that pic was taken. He came back an hour later but like I said, no closer than 100 yds at that time. If only I was 30 mins earlier...

Even bigger one coming your way this season!

• Like 1

It's not so much about keeping the secret as it is about the hunt for the big guys... I respect them and usually hunt a specific deer once I have the pics. Also i don't want to be " that guy " posting big deer on the cam, I aim to be "that guy" posting pics of em in my hands.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree. I don't mind showing pics and such. As you said I don't want to be that guy with another big buck or what have you. But out of respect of my neighbors that manage as well.. I try to keep all of them from becoming public

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk