New truck

stoneam2006

Thanks guys...08 silverado had 132k on it and has had fuel pump fuel control module replaced and check engine light has been on ever sence and have had in dealer 4 times they can't figure it out. Not to mention the need for both front wheel bearing both upper ball joints and tires all the way around....saw opportunity to move on so took it before it passed. Glad I did dodge rides like a cloud compared to Chevy. Super stoked

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Don't you live in the Olean area, how'd you end up buying in the Falls?

Yea live just outside olean found some good deals on auto trader so led me to buffalo...started the day at West herr (will never go back) ended at Joe cicconi in falls with a great deal and great service will be going back when wife's car upgrade is ready

10 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

Thanks guys...08 silverado had 132k on it and has had fuel pump fuel control module replaced and check engine light has been on ever sence and have had in dealer 4 times they can't figure it out. Not to mention the need for both front wheel bearing both upper ball joints and tires all the way around....saw opportunity to move on so took it before it passed. Glad I did dodge rides like a cloud compared to Chevy. Super stoked

I had similar issues with my 09 Silverado, plus electronic issues as well. Electric windows not working, CD player quit, Cruse control, XM radio.....decided to go with a Toyota this time around. Mainly for their dependability and resale value.

Congrats on your new truck!!!

• Like 1

I had similar issues with my 09 Silverado, plus electronic issues as well. Electric windows not working, CD player quit, Cruse control, XM radio.....decided to go with a Toyota this time around. Mainly for their dependability and resale value.
Congrats on your new truck!!!

Yea my cruise didn't work either that's the break sensor switch I knew that and my windows had issues too lol did when I bought it

got myself a new truck as well, wasnt looking to lease a 2nd vehicle but when i test drove it and saw the deal they were offering i couldnt say no.  2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Midnight Edition.  Came with the wheel and tire package, spray in bedliner, and a few other accessories with the package.  

IMG_5737.JPG

Edited by bisceglia
  • Like 7

few years ago i looked for actual trucks.  couldn't justify the money places around here were asking.  ended up with a low mileage used Honda Ridgeline.  it's been good for being an '07.  it tows and hauls most of what i need.  still good for a "car-truck". haha  it being a bit older i looked into the new ones they have.  when they told me the "negotiated price" i was like "yea thank you for your time.  good luck selling these vehicles."

• Like 1

few years ago i looked for actual trucks.  couldn't justify the money places around here were asking.  ended up with a low mileage used Honda Ridgeline.  it's been good for being an '07.  it tows and hauls most of what i need.  still good for a "car-truck". haha  it being a bit older i looked into the new ones they have.  when they told me the "negotiated price" i was like "yea thank you for your time.  good luck selling these vehicles."

That's how west herr was I got there the minute they opened spent 4 hrs there for them not want to budge on numbers. Either more for my trade or less on the truck to get payments where I wanted was crazy we were not far off. Cecconi gave me more for my truck and took money off the ram to get me where I wanted to be without thinking twice they wanted to sell me the truck and you could tell and feel it. West herr told me they would work and told me they had a trade in special going but failed to tell me that was for new vehicles only. Overall just a bad experience at herr....but it's over now and Cecconi has earned my future business. Car shopping is such a pita

So envious of you new truck guy's!!  Way to go!  All look very nice!  But, I gotta make due with my old 06 for now. 

I had an 02 Silverado with 166k that I traded in 2 years ago when we upgraded my wife's car. I really wanted to keep driving it to 200k but it just made sense at the time to do what we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice truck, congrats. A few tips from a fellow Ram owner:

1 - Do NOT skip the recommended fluid changes, particularly the rear end. Trust me, you dont want to rebuild the rear on it. Been there because I didnt change the fluid.

2 - You should set money aside for new tires, those Goodyears suck. Ive been through a couple of sets on mine, Hankook and BFG. The Hankooks lasted longer than the BFGs, good tires if you do a little offroading. BFGs KO2s were great when new, but didnt last long and got dangerous in a hurry. Im on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers now, which required a leveling/lift kit. Noisy as can be, but they will get you anywhere you want to go.

3 - The only real issue Ive run into that I couldnt have helped, has been the exhaust manifold studs breaking off. Its a TSB on the Hemis.

I have over 140k on mine, the other thing I ran into was rust, but that is due to the previous owner adding chrome wheel well accents (which I got rid of) that had clips that dug through the paint in the wheel wells, thats where it rusted. I would suggest getting it undercoated.

• Like 1

Nice looking trucks!! I will be looking for a new one this fall. Mine is a 2010 Silverado with 60-70 thousand miles on it. I trade in every 6 years or so. I have had Chevy and GMC last two trucks and can't complain at all. For what they were in price compared to Ford....8-9 grand cheaper Chevy all the way. The only issue I have had is the stupid tailgate lock and mechanism like 3 times now. I will never get Goodyear tires what junk!! My last two trucks I made the dealer swap out. I have Bridgestone Dueler on this and they have been on it since I got it and they have a bunch of tread left. Stupid Aluminum rims suck though!

I had a Dodge prior and when the tranny grenaded on it 500 miles after the waranty stopped I was not going back there. I had a Nisson before that and what a beast that truck was. I have driven the Toyota and Nissn in our work trucks and both nice but I try to stay American brands these days. I know none are made here totally and Nissan and Toy make some here but the profit money goes out of the country.

Not sure what i will end up with.