The masked bandit has struck again

fasteddie

I got rid of a mama raccoon last year and I think one of her litter remembered my yard . It has been into to feeders for about 3 nights . Put out the trail cam last night and got over 300 pictures as it spent almost 50 minutes feeding . The trap is set ..

MFDC3386.JPG

MFDC3388.JPG

MFDC3395.JPG

MFDC3398.JPG

MFDC3402.JPG

MFDC3399.JPG

MFDC3404.JPG

MFDC3452.JPG

MFDC3456.JPG

MFDC3582.JPG

MFDC3730.JPG

• Like 16

Thats hilarious. How can i incorporate this into my life...

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Is that a metal wire ? I remember when i was kid ,my dad used to hook one leg of the wall outlet to our metal garbage can to deter the neighbors cat from ripping into the garbage. 

8 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I caught this Varmint instead of the bandit. 6aa6f2336c8e62ea19a63dd3154ad920.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

if you use cake or marshmallows you won't get cats.i trapped 17 coons when i first moved in this house here on long island then i  gave up.

• Like 1

The trap is one from Tractor Supply . I had to do some repairs after catching Mama raccoon last year . Also the food container was empty last year on two occasions without the door being tripped . I realized that the trip plate wasn't long enough and a raccoon could reach beyond it to get the food . I clipped a section of one of the Bag a Bug holders which extended the trip plate and that did the trick .

I have a regular heavy duty Have a Heart trap but I don't care for how the Door works . The lever that holds the door shut falls by gravity rather than slamming shut by a strong spring . 

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have a regular heavy duty Have a Heart trap but I don't care for how the Door works . The lever that holds the door shut falls by gravity rather than slamming shut by a strong spring . 

I have one of those with 2 doors.  I set a brick on the doors to give gravity a little more momentum. I'm sure it helps the door banging a big coon in the butt a little harder forcing him in so he can't back out as easily after tripping the pan.

Apples make for great coon bait. a drop of peppermint oil for an attractant too.   And cross your fingers for no skunk

Can get a generic can of sardines at most supermarkets for ~$1. You'll get 3+ trappings out of one can. I used about 1-1/2 pieces per setting & it worked great! Do have to place bait in center of triggering area otherwise they'll get at it from outside the trap. Marshmallows are okay, but them racoons love their fish!!!

Not that it'll make you feel any better, but it could have been a bear like recently was caught on cam raiding a guy's birdfeeder in Sodus area! Little more difficult to trap! :scare:

11 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I have one of those with 2 doors.  I set a brick on the doors to give gravity a little more momentum. I'm sure it helps the door banging a big coon in the butt a little harder forcing him in so he can't back out as easily after tripping the pan.

Apples make for great coon bait. a drop of peppermint oil for an attractant too.   And cross your fingers for no skunk

Dude! I damn near stepped on a skunk last night while walking home from dropping the car off for an inspection . He came out of the weeds right where I was walking ,the thing was huge!

• Like 1