Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

52 minutes ago, upstate said:

Well, snapped this picture last night. 

The deer were chasing yesterday at our spot near Whitney Point.  My buddy saw at least 22 different deer but his perch was 30 feet up and could see hundreds of yards. I had chasing I could see and hear but nothing presented itself for a shot. 

Doing the fun preparations for a major surgery tomorrow morning that has axed my season. Let's hope the monster in me is mostly contained to what they're removing and I'm available to do this hunting thing next year. 

We were out all day yesterday.  Learned about the land , got to meet the main land owner and some great people that we share hunting rights with.  It was a good day and beats any day inside. 

I wish you all all the best of what remains of your hunting season. Be ambassadors and good stewards of our sport and everything else will fall in place. You never know what's in this journey called life. Cherish what you have. I sure do 

IMG_2212.JPG

You take care. Know my thoughts and prayers are with you, for a speedy and complete recovery. Look forward to your harvest pic's next year! With a big glowing smile on your face.

• Like 5

The deer were chasing yesterday at our spot near Whitney Point.  My buddy saw at least 22 different deer but his perch was 30 feet up and could see hundreds of yards. I had chasing I could see and hear but nothing presented itself for a shot. 
Doing the fun preparations for a major surgery tomorrow morning that has axed my season. Let's hope the monster in me is mostly contained to what they're removing and I'm available to do this hunting thing next year. 
We were out all day yesterday.  Learned about the land , got to meet the main land owner and some great people that we share hunting rights with.  It was a good day and beats any day inside. 

I wish you all all the best of what remains of your hunting season. Be ambassadors and good stewards of our sport and everything else will fall in place. You never know what's in this journey called life. Cherish what you have. I sure do 
IMG_2212.thumb.JPG.fc04dde703339efb12dccbc6f73a64cb.JPG
Wishing you the best of luck on a speedy and complete recovery. I hope the big one is waiting for you next year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You've got 42 minutes to zing a deer, gut it and drag it to screw up your afternoon plans.. I have faith you won't be watching the Bills kick off

Unfortunately my afternoon plans are in tact. Didn’t see a thing. Next hunt will be with shotgun in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2485.thumb.JPG.9ca2ff11a1ab8989338f7c499f7ddad3.JPG
No signal where I hunt. So a late update from the apple tree deer disco. Bruiser with 2 broken tunes and a nice long old tear in his ear. 30 yards with crossbow. Double lung. Went 65 yards. First crossbow deer. I'm feeling pretty thankful. Next week my nephew arrives for his first hunting experience. Hope to have some exciting updates then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck! Congrats on the harvest!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

IMG_2212.thumb.JPG.fc04dde703339efb12dccbc6f73a64cb.JPG

Good luck, upstate, and may it be a good turn around for ya in the days to come!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 2