Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

15 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Actually now that I think about it, I’m very positive the shot was high. 

Much better for the deer if it is indeed a high shot.......IMO

Edit to add: High above the lungs or high mid-body or further back?

Edited by Lawdwaz

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Is that a single pin HHA ? 

Yes...........

I'll tell you something,  I don't recall how long I've been using one but it has to be better  10-11 years and they've (had two of them on two different bows) been flawless.  This fall I've noticed myself really bumping it hard, getting it tangled in brush and just abusing it bad and the they've never let me down.

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Yes...........

I'll tell you something,  I don't recall how long I've been using one but it has to be better  10-11 years and they've (had two of them on two different bows) been flawless.  This fall I've noticed myself really bumping it hard, getting it tangled in brush and just abusing it bad and the they've never let me down.

I have one on my 3D bow and just put a 3 pin HHA adjustable on my synergy this year. I love it ,it's the best of both worlds ,20,30,40 for hunting and can be adjusted out to 80 yards for practice or just screwing around. I can't imagine using anything different .

• Like 1

Showered fed and about to get dressed...32 and it rained here last night...checked two "stations for here one says wind is due N the other due W and the hourly says it's suppose to be EsE and  SSE...so who the heck knows...I wont until I hit the road...lol... Cams have 3 new buck , a 7pt and 2 nice 8's that have cruised through in different areas during day light so it's a toss to the winds. Trails should be pretty quiet with a bit warmer temps and the rain last night...it was still dripping at 3:15 when I let the dog out...Good Luck to all of us deer less ppl and Congrats to the ones that have connected...

• Like 2

Let the dogs out and its still dripping here in Niagara county.Getting ready to get dressed and hit the road.Going to sit for a couple hours. My hopes are high that I see that nice 8 point.Passed on the 4 and the button buck yesterday. Good luck people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Above the lungs

the proof will be out there this morn. Thats a tough one. Theres no telling if its a kill shot or not.  Since it did lay down that is a good sign. Couldve clipped top of lungs or artery and be dead or went into backstrap and not be a kill shot. If it was gut shot that is certainly a dead deer but it will take a while.  Good luck. 

but just a tip - if you ever hit one again and are unsure its best to walk away for the night or if in the am for at least 3-4 hours.  Sometimes when you shoot one they dont even know where it came from or what is wrong and wont go far at all.  I dont even check shot area for at least an hour, then be real quiet and inspect the shot area , if its a blood red trail go look further , if not quietly get out of there and wait.  If you push, adrenaline takes hold and they will go - its amazing how tough deer are!  

Sure hope you got em! We need more entries in that harvest thread!!  Let us know how you did.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

the proof will be out there this morn. Thats a tough one. Theres no telling if its a kill shot or not.  Since it did lay down that is a good sign. Couldve clipped top of lungs or artery and be dead or went into backstrap and not be a kill shot. If it was gut shot that is certainly a dead deer but it will take a while.  Good luck. 

but just a tip - if you ever hit one again and are unsure its best to walk away for the night or if in the am for at least 3-4 hours.  Sometimes when you shoot one they dont even know where it came from or what is wrong and wont go far at all.  I dont even check shot area for at least an hour, then be real quiet and inspect the shot area , if its a blood red trail go look further , if not quietly get out of there and wait.  If you push, adrenaline takes hold and they will go - its amazing how tough deer are!  

Sure hope you got em! We need more entries in that harvest thread!!  Let us know how you did.

Yeah when I hit him, he didn’t immediately run away. I should have waited, since there were doe around him that didn’t run away either.

Went back this morning to where I left off, couldn’t find anything else, will try again after work this afternoon...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Yeah when I hit him, he didn’t immediately run away. I should have waited, since there were doe around him that didn’t run away either.

Went back this morning to where I left off, couldn’t find anything else, will try again after work this afternoon...

its tough to wait , cant help but get excited.  Hell sometimes i have to wait only because im shaking from shooting.  Good luck. 

Light drizzle stopped in Niagara County.  Had a shooter walk by me just out of range in the thick stuff.  My wind was good. Hit the call and he stopped but immediately walked away from me.  Tickled the horns...nada.  Had a smaller buck walk the same trail yesterday...he was also call shy.  May need to move tree stand 30 yards closer...then they'll walk past my current setup... lol.

Edited by HFBPA889