Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Congrats!...

No hunting here,alarm went off and I went to get up,no feeling in my right arm. I stayed up and tried getting the circulation going ,figured I slept wrong...nothing but a tingling in fingers. I'd been hit by an 8 ft widow maker a couple of days ago,landed straight across the top of that shoulder. Hurt like hell at the time but shook it off. Lucky I suppose I had the leaf blower on for the padding on the shoulder pads absorbed some of the impact. I've been on ibuprofen, but didn't take any yesterday...May be more swelling than I thought...

Hope to be out later...Good Luck all..

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

IMG_2485.thumb.JPG.9ca2ff11a1ab8989338f7c499f7ddad3.JPG
No signal where I hunt. So a late update from the apple tree deer disco. Bruiser with 2 broken tunes and a nice long old tear in his ear. 30 yards with crossbow. Double lung. Went 65 yards. First crossbow deer. I'm feeling pretty thankful. Next week my nephew arrives for his first hunting experience. Hope to have some exciting updates then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice buck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats!...
No hunting here,alarm went off and I went to get up,no feeling in my right arm. I stayed up and tried getting the circulation going ,figured I slept wrong...nothing but a tingling in fingers. I'd been hit by an 8 ft widow maker a couple of days ago,landed straight across the top of that shoulder. Hurt like hell at the time but shook it off. Lucky I suppose I had the leaf blower on for the padding on the shoulder pads absorbed some of the impact. I've been on ibuprofen, but didn't take any yesterday...May be more swelling than I thought...
Hope to be out later...Good Luck all..

Another chapter for the book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

We had some does come in feeding so far. Can only hunt till 10 have to pick our daughter up from sleep over. I'm going to northern 3m this afternoon for sit and check out a mock scrape I have been letting soak for 2 weeks. Hang there guys and gals it can all change in a minute. I feel that way myself sometimes, but "can't Killem from the couch" Good luck to all!🦌

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well not a good morning.  Started rattling around 7 had a doe come in and work her way to 20 yards. I drew on her and noticed a 4point running in and stopped behind her. So i had to stay at full draw when she turned i started moving from her vitals towards him and trigger released striking the doe way back along spine.  She took off i could see it got no penetration and fell out after 20 yarda or so. Watched her run for 300 yards then walked away as if nothing happened.  Luckily there is plenty of snow at that spot so i could follow her track and find blood. Only spot with blood was where arrow fell out and only thing with blood on it was my broadhead that didnt appear to open.  I tracked her for almost 500yards no blood no bed didnt ever jump her so i feel fine saying she will be ok just sore.  But i have a firm belief if i wound an animal and cant find it my gear goes up for the rest of which ever season its in.  So on to gun season hopefully she comes back and i can redeem myself.  

Take it easy on me ive been beating myself up since it happened.

• Like 1

Well, snapped this picture last night. 

The deer were chasing yesterday at our spot near Whitney Point.  My buddy saw at least 22 different deer but his perch was 30 feet up and could see hundreds of yards. I had chasing I could see and hear but nothing presented itself for a shot. 

Doing the fun preparations for a major surgery tomorrow morning that has axed my season. Let's hope the monster in me is mostly contained to what they're removing and I'm available to do this hunting thing next year. 

We were out all day yesterday.  Learned about the land , got to meet the main land owner and some great people that we share hunting rights with.  It was a good day and beats any day inside. 

I wish you all all the best of what remains of your hunting season. Be ambassadors and good stewards of our sport and everything else will fall in place. You never know what's in this journey called life. Cherish what you have. I sure do 

IMG_2212.JPG

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, upstate said:

The deer were chasing yesterday at our spot near Whitney Point.  My buddy saw at least 22 different deer but his perch was 30 feet up and could see hundreds of yards. I had chasing I could see and hear but nothing presented itself for a shot. 

Doing the fun preparations for a major surgery tomorrow morning that has axed my season. Let's hope the monster in me is mostly contained to what they're removing and I'm available to do this hunting thing next year. 

We were out all day yesterday.  Learned about the land , got to meet the main land owner and some great people that we share hunting rights with.  It was a good day and beats any day inside. 

I wish you all all the best of what remains of your hunting season. Be ambassadors and good stewards of our sport and everything else will fall in place. You never know what's in this journey called life. Cherish what you have. I sure do 

IMG_2212.JPG

We are literally 15 minutes away from each other. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, upstate said:

IMG_2212.JPG

Good luck to you Upstate!

• Like 1