Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I’ll second that Val we got skunked today 

had my fishing customer out duck hunting this morning, him being from florida was not impressed with the cool wet weather.  but like you guys what should of been a good duck hunting day was actually pretty lousy day for flights, although I did get some giggles in watching him miss some chip shots on some woodies and green wings.   He even laughed when I suggested waiting for some mallards since they are larger targets making them easier to hit LOL

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, reeltime said:

had my fishing customer out duck hunting this morning, him being from florida was not impressed with the cool wet weather.  but like you guys what should of been a good duck hunting day was actually pretty lousy day for flights, although I did get some giggles in watching him miss some chip shots on some woodies and green wings.   He even laughed when I suggested waiting for some mallards since they are larger targets making them easier to hit LOL

I missed 2 chip shots on woodies today they decoy funny had to hit . 

Had to batten down all blinds with the up coming winds...had a beautiful red fox pop out of the oats to scent mark his area and then disappear again. about 70 yrds away...Cams showed doe,fawn and 2 small buck under stand I hunted opening day, At 11:07 this morning. Then in front of the stand I saw nothing in 2 nights ago, but were there when I was in last night due to wind and rain...lol So far they are winning this chess match:cheese:Oh apple cam had a doe under it at 4:30 yesterday...Fog has now rolled in so temps are dropping fast..

No hunting for me today, clothes are still wet from yesterday evening and it's raining pretty good here in 6g. I prably won't get out again till Wednesday as we're supposed to have rain and winds up to 60 mph tomorrow and got to work long hours on Tuesday. As for today it's a football kind of day.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It has not rained at all here in 4F. My buddy saw that buck I posted pics of in the trail cam forum,just out of range. He bedded down and claimed a hot doe. Little forkhorn was trying to get in on it and almost brought the big boy in range.They hung out for an hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

"I don't think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for quite a while."

Classic! Love that movie. 

With that in mind, I snuck back out as it has stopped for now. Not forecasted to come down heavy again until about 6 here. I have my umbrella up just in case. Hopefully I'll make it until dark. And they are moving.