Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Bothers you but won't bother the deer. Unless he us mowing around your stand!
True and he is not by my stand. He stopped and a doe and 2 little ones came down. Just venting is all

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Zem I hear ya, it's annoying. I was just trying to keep you positiv.
Thanks man. I've bowhunted residential for years and you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Guess I'm getting grumpier as I get older.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I used to hunt behind a police station and a couple businesses. Talk about noisy! Every time shift change they'd hop in the card and test the sirens. The businesses had outside pa's " Bob call on line one..." lol I put my uncle in stand one morn before light He was used to the Dacks. Lol he was like what the hell!!

Didn't bother the deer at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I used to hunt behind a police station and a couple businesses. Talk about noisy! Every time shift change they'd hop in the card and test the sirens. The businesses had outside pa's " Bob call on line one..." lol I put my uncle in stand one morn before light He was used to the Dacks. Lol he was like what the hell!!

Didn't bother the deer at all.

Ha ha I could just imagine all the noise. That would be funny though. Time your movements with the PA system distracting the deer. Lol.

• Like 2

Had 3 coyotes come thru at 9 this morning then had a doe come down the trail and feed in front of me at 10, she keep looking around and was real cautious. 10:30 a real nice mature buck comes up over the river bank. Too bad he appeared on my off shoulder and walked in behind me, but nice to see a beauty at 30 yards.

• Like 1

All done I didn't see any but I did hear a buck grunting in the next field over. I couldn't see the field, he must of been chasing a doe as the location it was coming from kept changing. I would say the rutn has begun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok well we took way longer at breakfast and hanging stands than we should have so we decided to forgo the afternoon hunt and just get settled into the hotel room and have some beer, pizza and wings and relax for the night. My stand is about a 50 min walk from the parking area. After carrying stands down there, we weren’t in the mood to turn around and make that walk again in a rush to beat sundown. But we saw a bunch of bucks just walking down this old rail road line that we use to get to our stands. In total we’ve seen over 100 deer today. Lots of big rubs all around and scrapes everywhere. Confidence is very high with all this action going on!

I didn’t take many pics today since we were rushing trying to get stands up so I’ll have to snap some more in the upcoming days. I love this Midwest terrain. Makes me feel right at home again.
b2760d2f073bd4a2668f8cff9dd3fa59.jpg
b00dc0e693863e1fa0e0c5b65ef195cc.jpg
9f665ca70b3b38d9acaa4cc5997551ef.jpg

Even found something I haven’t seen in forever!
fb213029875b522bf5af5ff8058487ad.jpg

• Like 9

Hit the bleat call 530 and 540 and this guy came in again. Same spot, same buck. Under 10yds again. Had to sit well after dark until he left. Took some great videos again, but need one of the big guys!

b5a022922af2765001567c3f366a0bc9.jpg

• Like 5

So for the morning hunt I saw a spike, 4,6, and the ying yang 8. No chasing or seeking, just feeding on their way to bed. 

I decided to get some things done around the house and pass on the evening hunt. Around 3, i decided to move one of my cams. It is in a steel case lagged to the tree. As I'm in the process of drilling new holes to mount it, a big doe comes running by with her tongue hanging out. Then one of my hit list bucks, an old big 7 comes running by and stops broadside at 20 yds followed by a 4pt. And my bow was in the truck! Oh well. At least it looks like things are getting started. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to get out until later next week. 

Well my brother in law has to b cursed by hunting gods. I dat 10 yards from him rhis a.m. and did rattling for him. No deer, ive seen deer almost all mornings this year. So our buddy stopped by around lunch to get his boat stored in my barn. Asked if he wanted to stay for a afternoon hunt, he has his bow and borrowed some of my camo. We all walk in together, as soon as i split off to go to my stand a doe gets up 20 yards from the stand i was going to and runs away. We all get settled in and i have a button buck feeding in front then he beds down. 15 min later a spike moves through. Then my buddy saw a 4pt. My brother in law nothing... cursed he is.

• Like 2

Didn't see anything tonight the 15yr old I mentor seen 1 small doe. The rain ended up on and off and it never really rained that hard. I thought it might be a good afternoon since I've taken alot of deer in the rain and with the impending storm I thought they might be moving. Prably done till Wednesday now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That looks a shooter to me Biz .

Lol. 2 nights in a row under 10yds could have popped my Mathews cherry, but I’ll take my chances and hope for the 5,7, or 8 that are in the area

Sat 6 hrs saw nothing.  Good news i had a fresh rub 40yrds from my stand and at the base of my tree stand was a very fresh scrape.  Did check trail camera i must of had a hot doe or something go through on 17th i had 10 different bucks in daylight. Nothing special but was nice to see them.