Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Saw two little does that walked under my stand and pinned me there til after dark, then saw a skunk on the way out, then got home and was bit by a tick. This night sucked.  
Been there on of those little effers got me spring turkey a couple years ago and gave me lemons disease. I fear them when I hunt not yotes or yogi

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had a great afternoon hunt. I decided to still hunt a back corner of the property i hunt that I rarely go to. The leaves could not have been any louder,so i had to move veeeery sloooowly. About 30 mins in I saw a doe bedded down abiut 70 yds. Got my binoculars to look for company but couldn't find any. So i started a slow stalk,and at 45 yds the company found me. Turns out the doe was not alone,and i got busted.

They just walked away though. 20 minutes later I jumped four does,never saw them until the flags went up. 

I kept slowly moving on,and after a little while i see movement and two young does are coming my way,from upwind. They walked past at 18 yds,were a little on the small side. I also found some nice rubs back in that area.

Another hour later and a mature doe comes down the hill,but she caught me nocking the arrow,so she turned and walked away. Just before dark I made it over the hill and some deer are coming from my left. A big doe and two smaller ones. I would have taken the big doe,but she kept walking at maybe 28 yds and the light was fading,so decided to pass.

What an afternoon though,I think I saw 12 deer. Cant wait for better still hunting conditions,then they will be in serious trouble.

• Like 3

64 and se@8 here in 1c. I'm in the same spot where I saw one of the big ones chasing last night. Also got a pic of another hit lister a few hours ago. They're calling for light showers this am before the wind picks up and downpours later today. Going to stick it out for a bit. 

Just left the hotel. Nice 28 degree morning. Hoping I have picked the right amount of clothes to wear lol. I’m excited as all hell. Service is terrible anywhere a few miles outside town so idk if I’ll be able to go much posting from the stand. Good luck to everyone on here going out today! I’ll give y’all an update when service allows

• Like 8

Pretty lame hunts Friday and Saturday.  I saw a doe & 2 fawns Friday morning, but only when 2 bear dogs pushed them past.  The dogs weren't chasing the deer, but spooked them when they came through.  I saw a doe and fawn cross a field 100 yds from my stand on Friday evening.  No deer at all yesterday.  I'm not surprised guys are seeing bucks and sign and activity, but I'm not seeing any.  Cams showed a 3pt and a 4pt last week, but both in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure what gives, but between the warm weather, rain, and lack of activity, I'm pretty bummed.  Hopefully Tuesday is the day...

It's been raining steady here and does not look to stop any time soon. 1-2 inches today 2-3 more tonight. Wind supposed to pick up over 20 later and up to 35 tomorrow.

The extended forecast looks like I may be getting wet off and on over the next 15 days. That's more like bow season!!

You guys with better weather or outa state good luck today!!

Gonna put up the boat and watch football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This season sucks for the guys that only get out on the weekends (me) It's either super hot or now rain and wind. 

Agreed. Although I’ve seen deer and even had a shot at one it’s been few and far between. I stayed home today just didn’t feel like dealing with the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I luckily get decent service in the stand. Practically none when I’m down on the ground. Beautiful crisp 28 degrees here with no wind to maybe a gentle 1-2 mpg breeze for a min. Wind is supposed to pick up in a few hours though. I’ve had 13 does come by so far. 11 in the field and two down behind me in the creek bottom. The field is planted in clover which is cool. I can see a good ways in most directions so I’m keeping an eye on where the deer are coming and going and will move the stand accordingly. Gonna hit the horns and grunt tube here in a few mins and see what happens!
806c4c24f014e4e7ed8a6265a967c28c.jpg
f1490cb5008e13c1e13570da69979cc2.jpg
f17db6eb67168cc32fe24966729ba6f7.jpge1f77717b01cb256cac0b1477d851157.jpg

• Like 6