Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

This am was a no
The only other guy in camp took a doe. He's in his 70's so good for him.
Tonight we are watching turned sweet potato fields.

You guys think it's hot, it is 84 here right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm up in stand behind the house over my food plot again. Got in late around 5. 2 fawns were in the field 25 yards out from my stand. I somehow managed to slowly make my way off my trail over the rock wall and to my tree on the edge of the plot. Tie my bow up and slowly climb up the sticks all without spooking them. Biz' ninja skills must be rubbing off on me.

But so far it's the two fawns in the field and another one showed up in the brush to my left. I'm sure momma doe will step out at some point to collect the kids.

Well that was exciting. The buck I was setting up for just stepped out at 60yds got to 55yds and sprinted at the does and fawns that were 20yds from me. Ran them into the woods 50yds from me. He is a high narrow 9 or 10 not a huge rack but definitely a mature buck and a shooter!

• Like 11

Well that was exciting. The buck I was setting up for just stepped out at 60yds got to 55yds and sprinted at the does and fawns that were 20yds from me. Ran them into the woods 50yds from me. He is a high narrow 9 or 10 not a huge rack but definitely a mature buck and a shooter!

• Like 3

Hunted this morning & didn't see a thing...that will be it for me til the weather cools down a little. Don't know how you guys do it but I wish you the best of luck. Hunting when it is warm just don't seem right to me.

• Like 1

My dad and I got here late but we humped it up the hill to put new straps on the ladder stand.  On the way out there was 2 bucks and 4 doe in the field ,I always bring my bow in the woods during the season. We got as close as 70 yards before o e of the doe further in the field busted us. Super exciting stalk though and got to do it with my dad before he heads to Florida. 

• Like 2

I was out for a couple hours this morning. One doe came around and how she was acting was odd as hell to me. Will post that in a different thread..

Heading to a new area tomorrow, going to go do some still hunting/scouting in Schodack Island. They have the maps up, and curiosity has the best of me.

Well we saw over 30 deer tonight. Either we got busted, too tiny to shoot or too far out to shoot. This is killing me two person stands and we keep getting on the wrong side. Trying to switch mid deer ain't working
Smfh

• Like 1