Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

TC took the words out of my mouth. Looks like as much activity today as any day so far this season. Congrats to all! I hope that continues for those of us who can get out tomorrow..

Alarm went off this morning and wasn’t feeling it. Could have hunted til 11. Think I missed a good day. 

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Alarm went off this morning and wasn’t feeling it. Could have hunted til 11. Think I missed a good day. 

You missed a lucky one...You've read my not being able to even win a scratch off with my luck...I picked 2 and had a clerk pick one...won on all.  So I split the clerk win with them and picked 2 more... and won!

Shot a deer finally... won on every scratch off...a good day indeed....hoping it continues here in a few more hours....get out there! Good Luck

• Like 5

3 hours ago, growalot said:

You missed a lucky one...You've read my not being able to even win a scratch off with my luck...I picked 2 and had a clerk pick one...won on all.  So I split the clerk win with them and picked 2 more... and won!

Shot a deer finally... won on every scratch off...a good day indeed....hoping it continues here in a few more hours....get out there! Good Luck

Some days you're the bear.  Some days the bear gets you!  

big news in my area a guy took a black bear in chenango county saw a picture not huge but its a bear.  any body else that hunts in the county knows its not all that common.  I know who shot it(actually know who shot the last 3 that i heard of being taken now that i think about it), im not close to him so i dont want to give out any info.  Had a nice coat on it.

Our old camp in Otsego county was right on the border of chenango. My entire life growing up my dad and Uncle told me there were no bears out there and I roamed those hundreds of acres alone from 5 years old. The fall before we sold the camp we witnessed our first black bear come bolting down the hill across our lawn and down the hill past us. We couldn’t believe it. Next day we spot another one a couple miles away on a back road. So two sightings in two days. We were shocked! The funny part is I swear I saw one running like 10 years earlier when hunting with my dad. He split off to try and push some deer my way and about 10 mins after he left I see this black thing flying through some thick stuff about 100 yards out. I only caught a couple glimpses of it but I knew it was a bear. I told everyone about it and they all laughed and said I was seeing stuff cause there hasn’t been a bear in that area for almost 100 years. I knew I wasn’t crazy!
  • Like 3

Good luck and Get Some!!

Yea buddy! Just did. 610am. I could just make out a 4 legged figure. Too tall for a coyote so it had to be a deer. Too muscular for a doe (I think). I smoked it. I’ll wait till light to start tracking!

Just kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I’ve been in my blind since 538. Earlier than needed but I really enjoy these quiet mornings in here in the red glow of the buddy heater. Very peaceful. Hoping to make the muzzy bark today. Still trying to hold out for the big 10 I have around but my freezer is telling me I need to shoot something ASAP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

I’ve been in my blind since 538. Earlier than needed but I really enjoy these quiet mornings in here in the red glow of the buddy heater. Very peaceful. Hoping to make the muzzy bark today. Still trying to hold out for the big 10 I have around but my freezer is telling me I need to shoot something ASAP.

What time is sunrise there?

I think it’s 7:23 or so here........you have some quality thinking time before popping a cap my friend. 

• Like 1

What time is sunrise there?
I think it’s 7:23 or so here........you have some quality thinking time before popping a cap my friend. 

Sunrise is 708 according to wunderground. I knew I had lots of time. But like I said, nice and peaceful sitting here in the pitch black blind with just a small red glow from the heater. I’ve had a crazy busy week leading up to this, sometimes a guy just needs that alone time to depress that sleeping just can’t fix.
  • Like 6

Walking in this morning I nearly tripped over a pile of corn that some trespasser recently left near the stand i was going to sit in this morning.. now I had to hike across the property to another stand where the wind won't be ideal.. not letting it dampen my spirit! C'mere deer!

Yes. This stand has been in the same spot for 10 years on a trail on state land. I have stands that people sit in and would never think it was a problem unless I wanted to sit there. I also have sent hunters I don't know to the same area. What do you think about the whole story Belo? I'm interested and my input has been made, I'm open to yours. So if I sat 10 yards away it's alright? Is it his claim to state land? This is no 5000 acre area idk I just have had the same happen to me and to be honest not once ever asked I guy to get down. I'm not trying to be condasending the internet is tough, to be clear but I'm not looking for an argument. 

Legally you’re doing nothing wrong. Etiquette wise I find it very odd. And I’ve hunted plenty of state land. You never know when someone will show up. See another hunter and switch your plans. Safety risks with others stands too

Just my .02.

• Like 1

Could not for the life of me wake up the boy this morning
Finally left him sleeping got on the road 45 minutes late. Hunting state land today. First time in here this year. There is pretty much nobody hunting?
Three lots, first two zip. Third me, my bil and one other truck. Thousands of acres so I’m not thinking anyone is going bump me one. They best be moving. I eased in right at legal.
beddd4cace6770d01d5a3ba310db7c34.jpg