Why do you hunt?

goosifer

I use to hunt to prove I could do it..

then I trie dto learn everything and be the best and fill every tag I could

after a few years I hunted with harder and more primitive weapons .. then I just like coming to camp and seeing friends and family..

now I like teaching what ive learned to younger or less experienced hunters ..and enjoy seeing their success... my friend say im not old enough to have reached this stage but its where I am.. 

• Like 2

I don't know.....A friend ( of 50 years)  just called and said he had a feeding field  for geese nailed down for tomorrow morning...

SOOOOOO, after busting my nutz doing honeydos today, I have been getting decoys, etc around for the morning...

Tomorrow morning at daylight, I'll be lying in a diversion ditch alongside a corn stubble field  with a couple dozen decoys out hoping to shoot some geese...In  20 degree temps.....And the damn geese may well decide to feed elsewhere tomorrow...

Why do I hunt  ?? I wonder myself sometimes, but WTF..I'm 67 and I may be dead the day after tomorrow...Hehehehe..

• Like 5

I don't know.....A friend ( of 50 years)  just called and said he had a feeding field  for geese nailed down for tomorrow morning...
SOOOOOO, after busting my nutz doing honeydos today, I have been getting decoys, etc around for the morning...
Tomorrow morning at daylight, I'll be lying in a diversion ditch alongside a corn stubble field  with a couple dozen decoys out hoping to shoot some geese...In  20 degree temps.....And the damn geese may well decide to feed elsewhere tomorrow...
Why do I hunt  ?? I wonder myself sometimes, but WTF..I'm 67 and I may be dead the day after tomorrow...Hehehehe..

And the geese will still taste like crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I love to hunt deer. i hate foolsball. haha. I couldnt see myself doing anything else. got to keep the family fed. Outsmarting deer. Hanging out in trees at 25 degrees with the wind blowing in my face, frozen toes, numb fingers.Long hard sweaty drags. Its what dreams are made of. I dream about it so I must do it.So many reasons. I grew up doing it. My dad never told me about the birds and the bees but he showed me how to shoot a bow and a gun. Thanks dad and to all the dads who do this for their kids.

• Like 1

"I fish because I love to, because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful and hate the environs where crowds of people are found which are invariably ugly; because of all the television commercials, cocktail parties and assorted social posturing I escape; because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power; because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don't want to waste the trip; because mercifully there are no telephones on trout waters ; because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly so much fun" -- Robert Traver

Same goes for hunting!  

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, goosifer said:

Why do you (currently/continue to) hunt

It is part of who I am. When I am not hunting I am thinking or reading about hunting. And after a few days of not hunting I get really grouchy. I hate to see the seasons end and the thoughts of next season is the only thing that gets   me through the lawn mowing, bug scratching, sweat your tail off season.

On 11/8/2017 at 1:04 PM, Belo said:

while i was blessed with rather large genitalia, i'm now married and not allowed to show it off. So I prove my manlyhood with my truck, car, motorcycle and killing big racked bucks.

obviously... 

Thxs for sharing??????????????????????????????????????? WT?

Edited by Freytown