What's the coolest thing you found in the woods?

helmut in the bush

Not in the woods but about 18or 19yrs ago me and a buddy were fishing off of the international bridge for musky were down on the 2nd or 3rd pier when we look up and see a guy toss a body off of the bridge and into the water. The guy was already dead you can see his lifeless body floating down the river once the guy made his way across the bridge and squaw island i ran and called the cops they sent out the boats and helicopters but had no luck finding a body the police threatened that we would have to pay for the search a few days later the body of a man was found stuck in the cove at strawberry island.

• Like 9

i can't remember the site. maybe at or another of the national sites that has a very long thread like this. Some amazing stories. A lot of pot farms and boddies, but also some spooky and neat stuff. There's a great story on a mississippi site that is probably fake but was told really well about an old house where some guys hunted. one day they saw people moving inside and talked and visited with the old couple. story goes the guy mentioned it to someone else who got all pale and white. telling him that the couple died decades ago in a fire. they went back and sure enough the inside was all rotted and old. the guy swore on a bible that it was true. man i still think about that when i see those old abandoned farm houses or migrant shacks near where i hunt sometimes

There's one on Archery talk with some amazing stuff, iirc a guy got reunited with his rifle

I have found many things the coolest would be a farm plate NY FARM 1955 I have found old glass stone ware from back in my Grand parents time 1800-early1900 Yes I am not that old but my Grand farther came to the states at the age of 14 in 1903.wasn't till 1989 until there was running water in his house/If he were here he would still be pumping water from the well by hand and buckets

• Like 1

I love finding old dumping stations in the woods. Old beer cans and medicine bottles.  My favorite thing to find are the old rotted tree stands that are falling down. I will set up there cause somebody new something and went through alot of time carrying in those supplies to put them up. Deer tend to follow the same patterns for generations and them old timers spent the time to find the deer.

• Like 2

I love finding old dumping stations in the woods. Old beer cans and medicine bottles.  My favorite thing to find are the old rotted tree stands that are falling down. I will set up there cause somebody new something and went through alot of time carrying in those supplies to put them up. Deer tend to follow the same patterns for generations and them old timers spent the time to find the deer.

Always hunt the ancient ruins, those OGs knew what they were doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I hunted in Southern Arizona for 10 days over the course of 2 separate trips trying to kill a mountain lion in the middle of nowhere. Put a ton of miles on my boots to no avail. Finally I came across a random horseshoe and thought my luckwould change. A few hours later and many miles away I found another. Then I killed a lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hunted in Southern Arizona for 10 days over the course of 2 separate trips trying to kill a mountain lion in the middle of nowhere. Put a ton of miles on my boots to no avail. Finally I came across a random horseshoe and thought my luckwould change. A few hours later and many miles away I found another. Then I killed a lion.

That horshoe can out of the last guys ass who killed a mountain lion 

• Like 2

My own .22 pistol....Lost it in one night when coon hunting in a swamp. Didn't realize it until I got back to the truck. I walked back in to the general area and was lucky enough to find it under 6" of water. That was the last time I carried it in a shoulder holster.:locomotive:

You can't imagine the thoughts running through my head while searching and the relief/joy when I found it.

• Like 1

Either I’m not in the woods enough or in the wrong woods. I don’t remember finding anything cool.

Sometimes the nothing you find, is cool ! Finding cool in the nothing is half the reason I go out there !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For a smart dude he's pretty damn ugly.... Thanks ? 

And speaking of cool, I saw a couple does run between your garage and those pines the other day....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They love that spot. They use it through the neighborhood from the creek going south to the woods. I want to set a trail cam there and behind the pool.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not really something "cool", but it did make me feel like I was intruding on a private moment between two trees:

You got that right.....NOT COOL!

Looks like two dude trees having a trunk measuring contest and both of them got a woody,lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1